Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I went to the Noorder Dierenpark Zoo in Emmen, Holland. I haven't visited that place for like 6 years, so my family ganged up and we took to the zoo. These are pics of some of the animals I've seen there...

Enjoy :smile:

4 ft. Green Sea Turtle

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, one more big Lemon Shark (cuz they're so damn cool
)

btw: they live in a 25 meter long, 4 meter high and I guess about 4-5 meter deep (all guestimations...) tank. Very cool tank, but too bad they 'decorated' it only with a bit of sand on the floor: no rocks, pieces of reef or whatsoever...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Wow Judazzz - I love the Dutch Zoo's, I went to the Amsterdam one were they have am aquarium in an old museum building, and a totally amazing one in Rotterdam - which is huge and fantastic, it has an aquarium there larger than the sea life center over here!!!!

also I went to the sea-life center in Scevenhagen(sp) which was nice

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They, some of the Dutch zoo's have a really good reputation, world-wide, and have lots of breeding programs for endangered species, but the downside is that they sometimes tend to focus a little too much on species conservation (not that that's bad...!!!), which results in keeping lots of endangered animal species, including birds, small mammals etc, instead of more entertaining, impressive etc. animals.
But still, they do a great job, and are really devoted to what they do

To wrap things up, two more pics.

Female Crocodile (forgot what species, but it's from Africa, and not a Nile Croc...):

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A juvenile croc.
The female posted before this one shared her turf with a much larger male (which was out of my camera's reach
), and have bred a couple of times - this being one of only two remaining offspring (dunno what happened to the others: I guess they died or have been sold...)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.