Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a wall in my basement that will be a little over ten feet wide. This is the setup that I'm adding as far as tanks. I currently have a 90 with 4 rb's that with be the center tank. I will be buying two 65 gallon tanks that have the same height and depth as the 90 but are each 3 feet wide. So it's a 3 foot wide tank on each end with a 4 foot tank in the center. I will probably put two more reds in each of the 65 tanks.

The wall will be built of cedar. The tanks would be butted end to end with a thin strip of cedar to cover the gap. I will someday do the same setup on an adjacent wall but would use three 90 gallon tanks. I will have acces to the back of the tanks from another room. I think it would turn out pretty cool.

Give me your thoughts on this. Good or bad.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
so you going to basiclly your going to make a wall ... cut out a section that will go all the way throught the wall to perfectly place the 3 tank .... over the tank from behind make it so you can get to the tanks to do mantaince and feedings....

sounds really cool

just make sure you have enough room to be able to your maintance, you want to be able to do if comfortable also you would what to some how wet proof around the opening to the tanks so the spashes and water evaporation dont riun your new wall.

all in all sounds awesome ... should be a nice addition to your home

dark FrOsT

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
sounds like you know what your doing i think its a good idea and instead of pygos in thos 65gal maybe try a rhom and a elong in the other or somthing like that... just an idea

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
that would be some sick set-ups man, and it does sound like you know what your doing...if your feeling confident enough id say give it a whirl, then post pics

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This project is going to happen but it's going to go slowly. I have tennis elbow so bad it's probably going to need surgery. Tennis elbow! and have never palyed the game! I will be starting this very soo though and will post pics as it progresses.

One of the best parts of this project is that my wife is okay with it! I built her a new kitchen table for Christmas so I guess a little sucking up does help!

I thought about taking my current reds and putting two in each of the end tanks and maybe go with two or three caribe in the center tank.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
This project is going to happen but it's going to go slowly. I have tennis elbow so bad it's probably going to need surgery. Tennis elbow! and have never palyed the game! I will be starting this very soo though and will post pics as it progresses.

One of the best parts of this project is that my wife is okay with it! I built her a new kitchen table for Christmas so I guess a little sucking up does help!

I thought about taking my current reds and putting two in each of the end tanks and maybe go with two or three caribe in the center tank.
why dont you sell your 90, and buy a 125 or something. imo that would be better than having 3 smaller tanks. would look better, and you could have all your piranhas together.and you might not want to keep 2 piranhas together by them selves, they tend to fight alot.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i deff want to see the pics man it sounds cool....bigger tanks arent a bad ideal though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts