Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my drift wood has this yellowish bubbley lookinbg stuff growing on it and i want to know if its ok or if its something to be worried about please help me out i can getr pics later im sure if i realy need to but if you know what it is please tell me thanx everyone!!!

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
That's usually not a very good sign with driftwood. It is probably rotting in your tank and growing mold or something. I would take it out, boil it, do a waterchange on the tank, and add it back. Then go from there and hope that it doesn't come back.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Tank and Equipment Forum*

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well i dont know what to do the wood is WAYYYYYYYYY to big to be able to boil so what take out the main piece of the tank and now they have nowhere to really hide....help

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
ok well i dont know what to do the wood is WAYYYYYYYYY to big to be able to boil so what take out the main piece of the tank and now they have nowhere to really hide....help
Just take it out, set it in the bathtub (or anyplace else suitable) and pour boiling water over it. It's not quite as good as boiling, but it serves it's purpose and should kill off most of that........whatever is growing on it.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wood is gone and now im doing nothing but PLANTS WOOOOOOOOO!!!! thanks Taylor but i just didnt want to risk it ya know my p's are my babies...and ill post some pics soon as the decor is done

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
I would probably have done the same thing. Nice decision.

I also had to remove a piece of driftwood from my tank not too long ago after it started growing prominent white clumps on it that was spreading onto my gravel, and that was even after it was boiled.

~Taylor~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.