Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 8" yellow natt that appears to be changing color. The outer edge of his anal fin is as red as my cariba. My cariba have a thick orangish/red band on the anal fin, my tern/natt's anal fin now orangish/red band on the outer edge about 1/8". It looks cool as hell and is a very deep red.
Is this unusual or is this normal because he is with reds and cariba? Anyone else have his experience?
And before you ask, yes I am sure he is yellow natt, he has a yellow belly and no red other than the new red on the anal fin.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
thats normal they can change or loose color as they age

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Perhaps he (or she) is just getting darker gradually because he is maturing, or even getting into spawning mood.
I mean, the first coloration juvi reds get is in their anal fin, so perhaps your fish gets darker, also starting in the anal fin.

There's nothing scientific about what I said, I'm just suggesting something, based on nothing: perhaps it's pure and utter non-sense, maybe it's not...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.