Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around town about 40 miles away and I found a petshop that looked kinda small, but I decided to check it out anyways. I went in and found the motherload of freshwater fish. They had gold spilos so I bought one for $18. It's only a baby, but you can't get golds around here, so I got one. Since he's only about the size of a quarter, I put him in one of my eleventy bajillion 10 gallon tanks that I have cycled for betta breeding. He was a little skittish at first, but now he's harassing the cory that in there, even though the cory is twice his size lol. I would get some pictures but don't have a camera. I'll see if I can borrow one of my co-worker's cameras and get a couple pictures. I may be a while though.

·
Registered
891 Posts
mom and pop places rock, they usually have the best prices and healthiest fish. i drove 70miles to get my reds. i got 5 2" reds for 35 bucks. most fish stores sell that size for $10 each

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just went to one of my LFS last night. Not a Mom and Pops but a want to be "chain" store. Their prices for p's are outragous. 2 1/2 " red for 44.50$. And they had babies less then a 1/2 inch for 6.99$$

Crazy!!!!!
Crazy!!!!!
Crazy!!!!!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Good find man!!! As always, its the mom & pop spots in the cutts that have the best deals and varieties of fish.
:
:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts