Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see if I could get some help learning how to MOD an XBOX. I want to do things like ... upgrade the HD for more disk space ... how-to connect it to my PC .... Run Linux on the XBOX .... copy file/games to the HD. Also .... what's the estimated COST for this project?

I'm in SoCali .. and would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
284 Posts
first of all have you had it chipped yet. if not do you know someone who can chip it for you. As if you havent got it chipped then waste time even touching the hard drive and other stuff.

second what are you wanting to go on xbox live wont let you on with a chipped xbox so i use kai as its FREE but there are other places on the net.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wayne.140 said:
first of all have you had it chipped yet. if not do you know someone who can chip it for you. As if you havent got it chipped then waste time even touching the hard drive and other stuff.

second what are you wanting to go on xbox live wont let you on with a chipped xbox so i use kai as its FREE but there are other places on the net.
[snapback]876392[/snapback]​
hey wayne ... I haven't had the XBOX chipped yet ... that's something I want to learn to do. I'm spending some time on xbox-scene.com . But I'm stilla n00b when it comes to learning the XBOX. I'm familiar with computers as I majored in and am currently working in the field. But I'm still trying to understand exactly what's needed to do what I want to do.

I know I need to get it chipped before doing anything .... what CHIP do you recommend?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
is it after warrenty, cause i made the mistake of opening mine up and voiding the arrenty and then having my dvd-rom drive break on me and have to order a peice of sh*t thomson drive for $40

·
Registered
284 Posts
peice of sh*t thomson drive for $40
I hate thompson's.

I have a executer 2 chip in mine its not the best you can buy but the only difference is the more expensive they are the easier they are to flash. The performance is all the same.

Like i said before the first thing to do is sort out your chip. find someone who can do it or find some sites where you can get the infomation on how to do it yourself. if you are going to do it you will need to download all the software to put on the xbox its a bit of a pain in the arse. but you may be better with a pc than me.

you have to do the chip first.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I got mine soft-modded (not chipped) a few months ago. Only cost me $20 for a friend to do it. Linux software and everything. Only problem is then you can't add new HD, so the Original HD can only hold one large game (Halo 2) or a couple of small ones.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Piran-huhs? said:
Wanted to see if I could get some help learning how to MOD an XBOX. I want to do things like ... upgrade the HD for more disk space ... how-to connect it to my PC .... Run Linux on the XBOX .... copy file/games to the HD. Also .... what's the estimated COST for this project?

I'm in SoCali .. and would appreciate any help.

[snapback]876364[/snapback]​
$15-60 (depend on the chip)
$60-$200 (120gb-250gb EIDE HDD)
Free- find out the IP address and setup a network.
Free- gentoox linux and etc...
Free-It would be easier on you if you DL an auto-installer program (ex. slayers 2.X) if not i got it
$24.95-$30 Blockbuster Freedom pass

I got duox2 chip instock and they are pretty easy to install. I have the program to upload linux, xbox applications & etc onto your hdd.

I can install duox2 chip for $30 and will install all you programs, dashboard you need

LMK

P.S.
damn, you just miss it
I just sold my modded Xenium ICE v1.4 xbox w/ the samsung drive (505 model: best dvd drive out there for the xbox ) , WD 200gb (65+ games on the hdd, Unleash dashboard, xbox applications, gentoox linux and etc...), 3 working controllers, 1 semi-working controller, USB keyboard, power cord and av cable for only $300 shipped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts