Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belive the the best thing that could have happend
It helped the USA IE, building tanks and air plans for the UK, untill we enterd the war, German's wow, great people they built the frist jet engine way before we did, and the V rockets.
I belive MANY great things came out of the war, and a big push into computers and cars, and air plans.
I blive if it was not for Wolrd war two, we would not be going from LA to LV for $19.00 round trip, and have many aeropsace things and even our space shuttle,

I am not saying we would not have these things, or ever get them, but i belive he pushed for great things, to bad he started a war :sad:

I am also nto saying the things he did, are good. Just saying the big push in Tech. is one of the many things i wish people would be able to see happend, please dont get mad at me just trying to make a point.

Bobme

PS i know its a touchy subject.
And also remeber, more non-jews where killed then jews. But its still sad he killed people becuase what what they belived in

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
With any war there is usually the pros and cons that come from it. As for Hitler he didnt just kill them for what they believed in...he wanted to create a pure race... the whole blonde hair blue eyed...etc..etc. Funny he didnt even meet his standards...

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ms_Nattereri said:
With any war there is usually the pros and cons that come from it. As for Hitler he didnt just kill them for what they believed in...he wanted to create a pure race... the whole blonde hair blue eyed...etc..etc. Funny he didnt even meet his standards...
True, but im just trying to say, dont just bash him for killing, he invocted a lot of good things. But i belive massive death is
but some of the things he did
but i hope we never have other leader like him again ..
Well, i cant even say that. i love to see what other "big" war would come out of, maybe livabl space stations? maybe life on mars? i dont know, cant even dream maybe what we could do with 100 billion into R&D.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
USMC*sPiKeY* said:
...thanks to WW2, we're now a super power and we pretty much rule the world
i dont think that is true. Many people i belive have more power then us, sad and true, i think a war with North Keora would be very long bloody and they might very well win beucase of how hard it is for us to get people over there. a war with China would suck and they would win, #1 rule for winning a war is who can control the skys, China has around 7 fighter jets for one of ours, so .. they will own their skys, and in the end, i belive win a war, even so, look at all those people
they out number us so much! so, please dont go poking your stick at things becuase you think we are the best, we are not, we just have freedom, and freedom will prevail.

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
...well the roman empire eventually collasped...im just saying as of right now, we rule everything...but in the end will fall like rome

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I am asuming everyone here in this thread is a member of the USA.
... us canadians are pretty much linked somehow to all the events that you guys take place in

·
6,193 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
I am asuming everyone here in this thread is a member of the USA.
... us canadians are pretty much linked somehow to all the events that you guys take place in
...you're our friendly neighbor to the north...howdy

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
For now Snow your right, just wait til Judazz comes along...then youll find yourself a non-american!!

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
true, but for the current standings, its all north-americans posting on here...
WW2 was the aide for the US in which put us in our current place. if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have our current power

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Hmmmm, I would rather still live in the caves and skin goats for my clothes than see the torture, death, and pain of over 6 million people. True WWII did spurn a lot of innovation:

To name a few,
1. The jet airplane
2. The atom bomb
3. The ballistic missile

Yet why should I praise a war that brought about the innovation of tons of weapons that will eventually cause the death and torture of millions more? It was a necessary fight for us yet I dont feel praising Germany or America for their "innovation" is right.

Oh yeah, I forgot SPAM and OJ. Thats a great invention of WWII.

·
6,193 Posts
Xenon said:
Oh yeah, I forgot SPAM and OJ. Thats a great invention of WWII.
...i dont see how spam is a great innovation...the thing tastes nasty...hm..i wonder if we can use SPAM as a chem or a bio weapon

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
For now Snow your right, just wait til Judazz comes along...then youll find yourself a non-american!!
Howdy y'all, just poppin' by...

WWII may have brought a lot of inventions, in particular in the military, but they would have been developed anyways: the war only quickened the process. I mean, all those fancy present-day war toys (like smart bombs, stealth weapons etc.) are all developed and produced in peace time (or because of the arms race during the cold war [so out of fear]). WWII didn't bring many new things that were beneficial to the John Doe's in the street...
Besides that: WWII was the beginning, or the cause of the Cold War (and that can hardly be classified as good either
).

All I have to add to this: 'Europe über Alles'

·
6,193 Posts
Judazzz said:
Besides that: WWII was the beginning, or the cause of the Cold War (and that can hardly be classified as good either
).

...the cold war was a war game....makes me want to play a game like that...who wants to challenge me at a game or RISK?

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Judazzz said:
Ms_Nattereri said:
Howdy y'all, just poppin' by...

WWII may have brought a lot of inventions, in particular in the military, but they would have been developed anyways: the war only quickened the process. I mean, all those fancy present-day war toys (like smart bombs, stealth weapons etc.) are all developed and produced in peace time (or because of the arms race during the cold war [so out of fear]). WWII didn't bring many new things that were beneficial to the John Doe's in the street...
).

im not saying they would not have come, did you read what i said at all?
all i am saying is, he pushed up the time table, many years.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.