Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have appealed to rectify the disinformation at aquariacentral.com by joining them to post this message:
Serrasalmus Rhombeus
Just a note to the team behind this site, your profile on 'Serrasalmus Rhombeus' couldnt be more inaccurate, it contradicts the species true traits and behaviour entirely.
This is careless advice to forum users and potential keepers of this fish.
The Piranha you have described appears to be either fictional or you have got your wires crossed. This profile is detremental in its current state and could lead to future losses of both fish and money.
Being the proud owner of this fish and knowing many more proud owners of 'Serrasalmus Rhombeus', We are distraught in viewing such advice.

All we have to do is kick back and wait for them to take the bait..............

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Skellon said:
I have appealed to rectify the disinformation at aquariacentral.com by joining them to post this message:
Serrasalmus Rhombeus
Just a note to the team behind this site, your profile on 'Serrasalmus Rhombeus' couldnt be more inaccurate, it contradicts the species true traits and behaviour entirely.
This is careless advice to forum users and potential keepers of this fish.
The Piranha you have described appears to be either fictional or you have got your wires crossed. This profile is detremental in its current state and could lead to future losses of both fish and money.
Being the proud owner of this fish and knowing many more proud owners of 'Serrasalmus Rhombeus', We are distraught in viewing such advice.

All we have to do is kick back and wait for them to take the bait..............

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Ups!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
GARGOYLE said:
iono, is there beef between them and PFury. whats going on? If not I think it was a bad move.
I don't think it's a very wise move either - don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with contacting a site owner to point out inaccuracies, but I don't think doing it this way (in this words...) will do cause anything, except (unnecessary) hostility/strife perhaps...
I for sure would dismiss a remark like that, purely because it's hostile and very unfriendly in tone...

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Judazzz said:
...I for sure would dismiss a remark like that, purely because it's hostile and very unfriendly in tone...
I aggre...good intentions but not so good words!

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I think there should have been more tact to this correction. You should have invited them to learn more, and see for themselves that they have followed the wrong advise.
Most likely it will be seen as an attack. And nothing will become of it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand your view guys, but my wording was intentionally 'immediate' as this information could truley cause much hostility/strife from a potential owner of such a magnificent fish. (I reference here for effect, due respect to all here)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And Judazz, Your photo of your red belly head-on in your avatar is superb and it has my vote for POTM!

·
Registered
7 Posts
To Skellon,

This is how we deal with things on Aquaria Central.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showt...?threadid=12500

Maybe you have a different way of doing things. I dont think I would come to this site and spout off as you did with non constructive information in a childish mannor which will get very little in the way of results but then, I am not you.

BTW, the bait didnt taste very good so we spit it back out

Gargoyle,

There is no "beef" that I am aware of. In fact I didnt even know that this site existed until now. Its nice to see a site dedicated to a species and a site that is doing fairly well at it.

We are updating our species profile lists and as you know there are tons of species out there and we cant keep up every one of them. We would welcome any first hand info on species in our list that may be used in our updates. You can use the link above to make your suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its called provoking a response. If I had posted along these lines...... 'Excuse me please but I think your Serrasalmus Rhombeus profile needs updating' it would have fell flat on its face!
And the result of my actual post:

We are updating our species profile lists and as you know there are tons of species out there and we cant keep up every one of them. We would welcome any first hand info on species in our list that may be used in our updates. You can use the link above to make your suggestions.

Thanks
Welcome to a new school of thinking.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
your just lucky dale from Aquaria Central can take constructive critisism, other wize you may have gotten this
but im glad everything worked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Skellon said:
Its called provoking a response. If I had posted along these lines...... 'Excuse me please but I think your Serrasalmus Rhombeus profile needs updating' it would have fell flat on its face!
And the result of my actual post:

Thanks
Welcome to a new school of thinking.
i hate to tell you, but if you had posted it like you just said, it would have worked also. i've known dale for awhile now and his response would have been the same.

the problem with "provoking a response" like you stated, is you often get a "knee jerk" reaction that could wind up leaving a bruise. (like the other guys said.) :
:

the link worked for me.........

:smile:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Skellon

"Its called provoking a response. If I had posted along these lines...... 'Excuse me please but I think your Serrasalmus Rhombeus profile needs updating' it would have fell flat on its face!
And the result of my actual post:"

You obviously have not been around AC long enough to know that, yes, it would have gotten a response and it would have been pretty close to the one I already gave you. There is no content in your post at AC that is of any use. No information on the species, no links, nothing except a childish post that IMO didn't come from someone who supposedly has 20+ years experience keeping fish. Sorry, but I am just telling it as I see it.

"Welcome to a new school of thinking."

I don't think so. Your school of thinking is what brings good discussion boards like this one and AC Down. I have seen a number of discussion boards fail because of the lack of moderation to these "provoked postings" and in most cases it just gets posters that post in this manor banned. I am interested in this site and I will go through it to see the content but I can guarantee you that if the board is full of "provoking posts" I will not return. BTW, I want to thank you for pointing me in the direction of this site.

Now, I have been on the net for about as long as you have supposedly been keeping fish. I have been keeping fish for over 35 years and have been with AC for about 5 years now. I have had my own pet shop and still have my own business setting up aq's and distributing products. We are working on a non profit organization here in Hawaii for the development of the protection of local species as well as a propagational facility for species study and re- introduction. Yes, I am in this for the love of aquatic species both fresh and marine. Enough about me.

The link I provided does in fact work but the site is down for the day for server maintenance. Hopefully it wont take to long. As I mentioned earlier, we welcome anyone to AC and welcome your input as we are always striving to make the site better. It is a free service and most of us there do have to make a real living so things don't always go as fast as they should but they do happen in time. Since this site is a species specific site, I would love to see some info that we can use to update this species in our own profiles.

Thanks again,

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Skellon, i do too believe your words seem harsh. Disscussion boards are always in need for imporvent no matter how good the site is! I also do believe that you are too into your rhom. In away you have too much rhom pride. =P Althought i didnt read what AC wrote about rhoms, im shure they have to be correct to a certain degree. Hmm, i wonder if you do realize, Rhoms in the wild do "shoal". Have you seen the video Wolves in the water? They have a bunch of Rhoms "shoaling". Once again, i didnt know what AC wrote about rhoms but from what i have read about your comment towards AC i believe it was uncalled for. They have been on the net for years and im shure their fish knowlgede has to be up to par or even better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts