Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
reasonably awesome
Joined
·
7,613 Posts
I know alot of people here are atheists/agnostics/liberal Christians/God-Believers/etc, but lets all get off our theology/anti-theology chairs for a moment and examine how things are from a Bible-Following Christian's point of view:

Following the Bible....

God demands either:

A) Acceptance of his existence
or
B) Eternal Suffering In Hell

Statistics show that just over 1 billion people on this 7(?) billion person earth are Christians. Therefore, God would be damning 6 billion people to eternal suffering, over one frivolous technicality.

He gives most of us (taking into account the fact that some people apparently "have visions" and "see/talk" to him) absolutely NO FIRSTHAND HINTS/EXPERIENCES to judge for ourselves that he could indeed exist-- he expects us to blindly follow the words of others and the writings of a book that was completed in the 4th century AD by a bunch of monks/priests).

Do you think this is pretty damned sadistic?

What must this guy think like?
"So this Mongolian guy doesn't believe in me eh? I'll send that bastard to Hell, then". "This Atheist thinks that just because there's no tangible proof of my existence, he can therefore deny me? Oooooh he's gonna get it too, I don't care if he's a volunteer at a homeless shelter, he's still gonna get the axe"
 

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
Joined
·
16,831 Posts
Do we really need another religion thread. I think we covered it enough in the Creation/Evolution thread as well as the Gay Marriage thread.

Your misinterpreting the Bible for what it says and frankly Im tired of arguing my points about its content.
 

·
Piranha Expert
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
Do we really need another religion thread. I think we covered it enough in the Creation/Evolution thread as well as the Gay Marriage thread.

Your misinterpreting the Bible for what it says and frankly Im tired of arguing my points about its content.
then dont post anything.
 

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
Joined
·
19,142 Posts
piranha45 said:
I know alot of people here are atheists/agnostics/liberal Christians/God-Believers/etc, but lets all get off our theology/anti-theology chairs for a moment and examine how things are from a Bible-Following Christian's point of view:

Following the Bible....

God demands either:

A) Acceptance of his existence
or
B) Eternal Suffering In Hell

Statistics show that just over 1 billion people on this 7(?) billion person earth are Christians. Therefore, God would be damning 6 billion people to eternal suffering, over one frivolous technicality.

He gives most of us (taking into account the fact that some people apparently "have visions" and "see/talk" to him) absolutely NO FIRSTHAND HINTS/EXPERIENCES to judge for ourselves that he could indeed exist-- he expects us to blindly follow the words of others and the writings of a book that was completed in the 4th century AD by a bunch of monks/priests).

Do you think this is pretty damned sadistic?

What must this guy think like?
"So this Mongolian guy doesn't believe in me eh? I'll send that bastard to Hell, then". "This Atheist thinks that just because there's no tangible proof of my existence, he can therefore deny me? Oooooh he's gonna get it too, I don't care if he's a volunteer at a homeless shelter, he's still gonna get the axe"
look man..chill with the religion ...you seem to want to attack the bible and especially one of the members here..cause thats the point of this thred to disvalue the bible and get all to jump on your side on how god is mean if you believe in him(thats why you put words in bold)..cool man believe what you want thats you ..more power to you.but respect as people respect you..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
thePACK said:
look man..chill with the religion ...you seem to want to attack the bible and especially one of the members here..cause thats the point of this thred to disvalue the bible and get all to jump on your side on how god is mean if you believe in him(thats why you put words in bold)..cool man believe what you want thats you ..more power to you.but respect as people respect you..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,935 Posts
God does not let ppl goto heaven or to suffer in hell. when we die we simply cease to exist.

all that crap is stuff that has been twisted and made up over the years by all kinds if weird religions
 

·
Piranha Expert
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
Markosaur said:
God does not let ppl goto heaven or to suffer in hell. when we die we simply cease to exist.

all that crap is stuff that has been twisted and made up over the years by all kinds if weird religions
amen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
Those are the people who take the Bible literally. They also believe that the entire world flooded and that all the stories were factual events, when in fact many were based on fact but used as fables, teaching tools. For instance, the flood, there was a massive flood that coincides with that time period in a region that would have bee part of the Biblical geography also at that time. It wasn't a global flood, but it was massive none the less. A theory is that this is the flood Noah built the ark for. That's all I wanted to say before this becomes just another religion bashing thread. Btw, Piranha45, yet again you show your total ignorance for Christianity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
Markosaur said:
U cannot deny the flood lol theyve found the ark u know
Did they? I thought they found a possible location for it, but that was a while ago. Though the ark itself is irrelevant in proving the flood, they already know there was one. The ark would give even more weight to the story in the Bible. Have to check up on this, you have any links for it? I'd be really interested in anything about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
I never replied in the other religion thread, but I'll post my view here. it's only my opinion, and I dont expect anybody else here to agree with me. I don't believe there is a god, or a devil, heaven or hell. I don't believe that god created the universe, or anything else for that matter. So, there is no god to be evil or cruel and unjust, because I think that there is no such thing as a god. If its that easy, I'll throw a bath robe on and let most of the world worship me for a change.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top