Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering...ive seen black pirahna's in the store b4...n they had the babies together.....
if i were to buy 2 babies...could i keep them in the tank n for how long....i have a 38g.

thanx

· Registered
555 Posts
I would not keep 2 rhoms together in the same tank at all. They are part of the serrasalmus catagory and generally need to be housed separately. If you keep 2 rhoms in your tank they will fight and the result will be either 1 dead or both dead. Don't waste your money. You could buy 1 and keep it in there for a month or two but you will ventually have to upgrade to at least a 55 gal. 75 an above is more ideal.

· Registered
280 Posts
A baby rhom could live in a 38 gallon tank for quite a long tome before you have to upgrade. You have a lot more than 1 month to upgrade. You should be upgrading to a bigger tank after it reaches 6-7 inches or even a bit before. I would never keep two rhoms together cuz you'll end up with one or none.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.