Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is the deal guys and gals-I have had a 6 inch gold mac for around two years now-He hasn't had the best treatment and i feel like sh*t about it-So I have been thinking about selling him-Well the day finally came to sell some p's-A guy contacted me about them-I told him to drop by and check them out and what not-Well we got to talking-And I came to the conclusion the guy didn't know sh*t about p's at all-But he has had a red for around a year now-Well I started to ask him about the basics-Water params-water changes-etc,etc-I was very dissapointed in his responses-Well I decided to further educate him on the subject and I feel that I did the best that I could-I feel really bad because i decided to sell to him ne how because i couldn't take care of the fish ne more-Basically alls I am looking for is-Was I right in selling to him after I had educated him more on the subject or no-I feel really bad because i think my piranha might suffer-But I guess thats part of the risk with selling-I dont know I would just like some opinions here please-thanks in advance AK :nod:

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I was going to type out a huge response, but now I have changed my mind. All you can hope for is that he is taking better care of the Mac than you did. You can not go back and "what if" the situation now, because then you will run into the whole "should of, would of, could of" aspect. Don't beat yourself up about it. You did what you thought was right at the time, and now you must move on. If he has a red that is still alive after year, then I am sure the Mac is in good hands.

·
Registered
523 Posts
if you did what you thought was best for the P then you did the right thing. im sure they guy is going to learn about the P and treat it well. dont stress and think of the what ifs, there is not point in that. you were not treating it well and you did a great job in admitting to it and giving the P a chance to get the attention it needs rather than having it die on you.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you did what you thought was best for the P then you did the right thing. im sure they guy is going to learn about the P and treat it well. dont stress and think of the what ifs, there is not point in that. you were not treating it well and you did a great job in admitting to it and giving the P a chance to get the attention it needs rather than having it die on you.
Yeah but I still have mixed emotions-Now that I have thought about it-i wish i could get back in contact with him and get my p back-God damn I feel like sh*t-

Sorry guys-I'm not looking for sympathy here-Just looking for othr's opinions

Thanks everyone as well :nod:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
i think you did the right thing. the guy is going to do whatever he wants to do. if everyone listened to the information given there would no smokers or drug addicts. i say you did good and improve your treatment of your p in the future.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I think you are fine... you cant keep them forever and if you informed him to the best of your ability I think you did the right thing.

It is amazing how many people want to get a pet yet know nothing about it and seem to have no interest in knowing about it, at least he listened, etc.

Any interest in selling some of those gold nuggets?

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you are fine... you cant keep them forever and if you informed him to the best of your ability I think you did the right thing.

It is amazing how many people want to get a pet yet know nothing about it and seem to have no interest in knowing about it, at least he listened, etc.

Any interest in selling some of those gold nuggets?
I think your right man-i'm taking this to a level i dont need to-i need to quit worring about my old pet-Move on i guess-for sdome reason it just doesn't seem right to me-But oh well i guess I will have to live with my decisions-

Oh them damn gold nuggets-LOL-I have been having some issues with them lately-My sh's keep trying to eat them-I only have four left now and have lost two of them-I'm afraid this might be an option in the near future if things dont change-i can't move them-My other tank inhabitants will eat them for sure due to there size-So I'm only left with the sh tank-And things aren't going so well with that idae

1 - 11 of 11 Posts