Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
im pretty sure me and my buddy dropped a worm or 2 in his tank of p's a about a year ago....i dont think they went for it...im thinkin of grabbin some big night crawlers this summer for mine...not sure if they give out poison or what not...2nd opinion would be great

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Go ahead if you wanna risk it try mealworms they work for me. but you never wanna put Piranhas at risk.

Worms are great if raised but don't get worms from outside due to pestasides and fertalizers.:nod:
even if they came from my backyard or from a river bank?? where nobody has been around for a while?
[/quote]
Think about whats in the ground or what could get in the ground? Oils,Chemicals, Radiator fluids and so on

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Earthworms would be a great treat for your piranhas since they are very low in fat and high in protein. I think that they should be fed in high amounts to juveniles...but that's just my personal opinion.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Feeding and Nutrition Forum*

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Earthworms would be a great treat for your piranhas since they are very low in fat and high in protein. I think that they should be fed in high amounts to juveniles...but that's just my personal opinion.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Feeding and Nutrition Forum*
x2..good info man :nod:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My fish love em. They'll swarm near the top of the tank & ill hand feed it to them. They slurp it down like spaghetti lol. Nothing like a long, protein-packed juicy slimy squigly thing. Seriously, they love it.

They're also a great alternative to feeders when feeding new or finicky fish.
Just clean it off (dirt) before you throw em in the tank.

Hmm come to think of it, its been mos. since feeding them nightcrawlers. I guess ill be stopping by wallyworld after work. I wish Sams club sold em, I'd buy crates of em for sure...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feed my juv Gold Spilo one earthworm every two nights as a snack and it loves them. It takes small bites out of it at a time and then runs off to only ccome back and finish it. Also its high in protien I see greeat color and health in my fish.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
do you just drop them in? what if they dont eat it and it goes into the sand or gravel or something?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Ya my reds go nuts for nightcrawlers or super worms. But They are out of season right now so I can't get any.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If you dont mind being mean to worms and doing something kinda gross...

I usually take them by the head in one hand, then take 2 fingers from the other and pinch the worm behind the head, then slide it down the worm while pinching. It will make all the poop squirt out in a stream, you could probably write your name with it

I know its gross, but it makes a much smaller mess in the tank without the worms being full of poop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts