Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
How are the gun rights in those countries?

Why was tax rate not included in those statistics?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect taxes are very,very high in those countries. I consider high taxes to be an affront to freedom.

I guess if you consider freedom to be very high taxes, and government healthcare then those countries are for you.

But if you consider starting your own buisness at 22, then making enough money to retire at 32, then this is the country for you.

Freedom shouldn't be ranked by the functioning of government, when government works, it should be difficult to see it functioning. Nearly invisable.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
well i dont know how much you guys have to pay in taxes, but im currently paying 36 percent. if i was to make alot of money that number could easely go to 50%.

the good part about high taxes is:

free kindergarden and free school. (including university)
free health care.
high welfare rates, not working wont leave you piss poor. ( might be a probem)
high salaries in public sectors.

and its in no whay impossible to get filthy rich by the age of 32. you just have to give something back.

down side yes i give alot back. but considering the health care ive recieved, and will in the future prob, ive gotten back more than ive given so far.

and yes you can own guns, here automatic guns are not allowed and you may not carry any firearm loaded in public.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Norway is probably the coolest country in europe, of course. Here the highest rate I ever paid was about 33%, but with loopholes, tax shelters and such, it was actually much, much, much less.
I know switzerland has proper gun law, not sure about other countries. Paying people not to work (welfare) is akin to slavery, in my opinion, not very democratic.
Have you seen republics rated in any press over there? We are a republic , not a democracy.

Corey- did you say 50% taxes?! HALF the money made goes to the government? That's outrageous. You need to revolt.

ACorey- another post you made in another thread got me thinking, how are prices over there on goods? Doesn't matter if your free, but can't afford anything.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Norway is probably the coolest country in europe, of course. Here the highest rate I ever paid was about 33%, but with loopholes, tax shelters and such, it was actually much, much, much less.
I know switzerland has proper gun law, not sure about other countries. Paying people not to work (welfare) is akin to slavery, in my opinion, not very democratic.
Have you seen republics rated in any press over there? We are a republic , not a democracy.

Corey- did you say 50% taxes?! HALF the money made goes to the government? That's outrageous. You need to revolt.

ACorey- another post you made in another thread got me thinking, how are prices over there on goods? Doesn't matter if your free, but can't afford anything.
well when you start making like 150 a year or something ( im not shure when TOP tax comes into use) yes half of what you make goes to the Government. ( but subtract all the money you save not needing all kinds of inshurance it helps a bit)

Also the thing is that our salaries are higher than most contrys. so we make more but also have to spend more.
Most of you guys would kill yourself in pity if you saw what i have to pay for stuff. tourists are usually shocked to see what they have to pay for food, alcohol tobacko etc (highly taxes stuff)
(fuel housing cars clothes also comes to mind).

and lol i just got a divider cut out in glass with 5 holes, cost about 100 USD

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
yeah but are we talking about democracy or freedom. i know the two are not far apart but total freedom for everyone would mean anarchy. i dont think we as a species are ready for that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The reports singled out the USA (17th) and Britain's (23rd) poor results, partly to blame on measures adopted to fight terrorism.
That's part of the issue right there. There are hundreds of millions of people who would die for the priviledge of killing Americans and Britians. This has an effect on our way of life.

Americans aren't getting away with anything on our taxes. I don't know specifics, but we pay a hefty income tax, and a 6-7% sales tax. Plus, those of us in the New York and California (esp. LA) areas pay tremendous property taxes. All these taxes combined could consume half of our gross earnings.

So, it seems to me that even though some countires pay more in taxes, they get ALOT more from the goverment for their money.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Here's a chart comparing tax rates, notice the european countires. %50 or greater is apparently not that uncommon in Europe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world

I don't know about you, but I'll keep the 20% difference between my 33%, and Europe's 50%, especially when with deductions, and shelters, It is alot less. My health care is through the VA, but my wife and kid's isn't anywhere near expensive enough to justify that amount of taxes. Must be a bunch of governments stuffing there pockets with cash over there.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Here's a chart comparing tax rates, notice the european countires. %50 or greater is apparently not that uncommon in Europe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world

I don't know about you, but I'll keep the 20% difference between my 33%, and Europe's 50%, especially when with deductions, and shelters, It is alot less. My health care is through the VA, but my wife and kid's isn't anywhere near expensive enough to justify that amount of taxes. Must be a bunch of governments stuffing there pockets with cash over there.
dont think so, not here anywhays.

how much will it cost you to send your kids through the entire education system? kindergardem -> univeristy?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
AMERICA f*ck YEAH HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER f*cking DAY YEAH.

dont worry we will handle all the worlds problems and you can hae ur number 4 spot on the list i for one dont care.

but i think back and im pretty sure that you would all be german right now if it wasnt for america?

·
Registered
8,643 Posts

dont worry we will handle all the worlds problems and you can hae ur number 4 spot on the list i for one dont care.

but i think back and im pretty sure that you would all be german right now if it wasnt for america?
nah.. dont think so. they were bound to loose, you guys just helped out ( alot if i may add)

and for that nr 4 spot, i think you wants it. wants it bad i tell ya!§

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
OH CANADA, MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND, TRUE PATRIOT LOVE IN ALL OUR SONS.... I FORGOT THE REST, BUT WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE SEE THEE RISE THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREEE, FROM FAR AND WIDE OH CANADA WE STAND ON GAURD FOR THEEEE

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

lol.....very true....arent most of the Nordic countries neutral (ie they dont involve themselves with any of the worlds problems)...must be nice

Also...look at the size of these countries!! Luxembourg ?? Its the size of rhode island...The larger the country the larger the population and the harder it is to get things done. The only country on that top 10 list that was even comparable to the US in size was canada....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
You read the norwegian news?
If you live in PA, you should be alarmed "THE LAND OF THE FREE" placed 17th.

note:the idiots took over a long time ago.
[/quote]

I'm not alarmed.. Anyone who thinks "THE LAND OF THE FREE" is a picture perfect view of what a country should be, with a democratic gov. fell off the truck a long time ago. USA is a very corrupt gov. in many ways.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts