Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i finally got my 7" rhom to eat shrimp hung off of a fishing line, it was shrimp with shell, he didnt eat the tail however.

He wont eat infront of me i have to turn out the lights and wait like 3 hrs before he will eat it, the problem with this is, i cant just keep throwing shrimp into there until he is full because he doesnt eat them infront of me.

Also not sure if i can get him to eat them off of the floor, perhaps thats why he didnt eat the shrimp tail? because it fell off the string after his first bite?

any info appreciated thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
my rhom is smaller and he eats shrimp off the gravel. Normally i just throw it in his tank go do something, then come back to see a piece of shrimp with some small bites out of it. I just throw the extra into my red tank

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
yeah, why the hell are you using fishing line? NOT GOOD!!! Leave the guy alone, and let him eat in peace. If you just walk around like you never fed him(in your mind) and act like you are not there to just watch him eat, pretty soon he will get used to you being there, and will eat in front of you. The way you are feeding him is unnatural, and is probly scaring the hell out of him.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
my mac was the same way...i was hanging the shrimp from air line he wouldn't eat off of ground and lights had to be off with me out of the room.....how old if he

i got my MAC to eat by hanging a de-shelled shrimp in the tank after not feeding him for a day or two and slightly moving the shrimp.... he riped right in to it lights still off. as for the not eating off the ground...dont feed for one day..."drop" a shrimp i the tank and go on with your life.....after a few hours pull it eaten or not... (if not) do the same thing the next day....he will eat off the ground with it hanging its moving with the water...on the ground theres nothing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts