Piranhas Forum banner

wondering about the banner

732 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Black Piranha 
#1 ·
looking at the banner...looks great .but can we add on another p on the right side of the banner...lot of empty space there.....thanxs

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
The banner is 'only' 800 pixels wide, which doesn't seem much, but it's done for a reason: not all people that visit our site have a fancy monitor that can reach ultrahigh resolutions, and are stuck to screen resolutions of only 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I we would make the banner wider, those people would always have a horizontal scroll-bar in their screen (the same effect when someone posts a huge size picture...) permanently!!!

To see what I mean, switch your desktop resolution to like 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I guess the result would piss you off pretty bad, no...?

So to avoid getting people disgruntled, an 800 pixel wide banner is the maximum we can use. If you use a higher resolution, the extra space will be filled up images that look like extentions of the banner and button bar...

Hope this explains it all... :smile:

#3 ·
Judazzz said:
The banner is 'only' 800 pixels wide, which doesn't seem much, but it's done for a reason: not all people that visit our site have a fancy monitor that can reach ultrahigh resolutions, and are stuck to screen resolutions of only 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I we would make the banner wider, those people would always have a horizontal scroll-bar in their screen (the same effect when someone posts a huge size picture...) permanently!!!

To see what I mean, switch your desktop resolution to like 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I guess the result would piss you off pretty bad, no...?

So to avoid getting people disgruntled, an 800 pixel wide banner is the maximum we can use. If you use a higher resolution, the extra space will be filled up images that look like extentions of the banner and button bar...

Hope this explains it all... :smile:
well put.....

and knowing is half the battle...yo joe..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.