Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at the banner...looks great .but can we add on another p on the right side of the banner...lot of empty space there.....thanxs

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
The banner is 'only' 800 pixels wide, which doesn't seem much, but it's done for a reason: not all people that visit our site have a fancy monitor that can reach ultrahigh resolutions, and are stuck to screen resolutions of only 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I we would make the banner wider, those people would always have a horizontal scroll-bar in their screen (the same effect when someone posts a huge size picture...) permanently!!!

To see what I mean, switch your desktop resolution to like 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I guess the result would piss you off pretty bad, no...?

So to avoid getting people disgruntled, an 800 pixel wide banner is the maximum we can use. If you use a higher resolution, the extra space will be filled up images that look like extentions of the banner and button bar...

Hope this explains it all... :smile:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judazzz said:
The banner is 'only' 800 pixels wide, which doesn't seem much, but it's done for a reason: not all people that visit our site have a fancy monitor that can reach ultrahigh resolutions, and are stuck to screen resolutions of only 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I we would make the banner wider, those people would always have a horizontal scroll-bar in their screen (the same effect when someone posts a huge size picture...) permanently!!!

To see what I mean, switch your desktop resolution to like 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. I guess the result would piss you off pretty bad, no...?

So to avoid getting people disgruntled, an 800 pixel wide banner is the maximum we can use. If you use a higher resolution, the extra space will be filled up images that look like extentions of the banner and button bar...

Hope this explains it all... :smile:
well put.....

and knowing is half the battle...yo joe..

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I think hes disgruntled about how theres too many chicks which are half naked on peoples Avitars. And feels that its unfair since theres not too many half naked guys to balance it out with.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
bloodredpiranha said:
bobme said:
forget the banner could we do some thing about the all most naked bodies?
like uasul

(aka Death in #'s)
I think what BOB meant is that, half naked avitars are only a tease to him. They should be just straight up NEKKED!!!

(except for guy avitars)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts