Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LFS told me they can get a baby (1in) Wimple Piranha to me for $10. Is this a good deal? I don't know anything about these... How aggressive are they?

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Catoprion mento the Wimple piranha is not a true piranha. It is primarily a scale eater. The ones I've had were kind of cool to keep but they never seemed to last long, I get the feeling they are a little delicate to certain water conditions but for 10 bucks what the hell, get it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Serrapygo said:
Catoprion mento the Wimple piranha is not a true piranha. It is primarily a scale eater. The ones I've had were kind of cool to keep but they never seemed to last long, I get the feeling they are a little delicate to certain water conditions but for 10 bucks what the hell, get it.
... my basic overview of them is that they are permanent juvenile piranhas, due to their eating habbits. Although they are not actual P's

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
$10 is pretty good price. LFS has some that are bigger then 1" and they wanted I believe $39 each. I just picked up a Spilo CF from the same store and they had the Wimples in the same tank as him with a divider. Well one of the Whimples got over the divider and that was the end of it. The Spilo CF cut it in half, that pretty much sold me on the Spilo CF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts