Piranhas Forum banner

Will they eat Pellets ?

276 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  LOON 
#1 ·
My Reds eat Pellets and have done from a early age. When I throw in the Pellets the Reds go wild and eat them but my Piraya are just not interested.

Do you think over time my Piraya will eventually accept and eat them ? Is it worth not feeding them anything else untill they do, or could that be to risky incase they take out a Red cause they are so hungry ?

See less See more
#4 ·
How you doing JB? Good to see you back on here.

I am going to stop all other food for a short time and see if the Piraya go for the pellets. I will be keeping a close eye on whats going on in my tank. As soon as I start to notice some aggresion I will put in some other food.

Wish me luck !!

#7 ·
buette said:
hello
take a look to the topic
get them off of feeders
cu buette
[snapback]850522[/snapback]​
My problem is that my Reds eat pellets but my Piraya dont. If i dont feed my piraya in trying to get them off other food, I risk cannabalism in my tank so i have to be very carefull.

Northstar, I have tried putting pellets in there other food which they eat but still not eating pellets on there own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.