Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two Ps that are around 5"-6" and i have 3 crayfish that are a lil over an inch in there and the Ps for the most part leave them alone except every once in a while one chases the crayfish but nuthin serious cuz they have plenty of places where the Ps cant get them. but im trading my 2 Ps for 4 little ones that are about 1 1/2"...... i read that crayfish will grab at small fish that swim by with their claws and i was wandering if they will grab at my Ps if they are that small cuz i know if they did that it would be the end of the crayfish. anybody know?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
they can definently injury your piranha...

u may want to take them out or something until the piranha are lil bigger

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well there will be 4 Ps and they have lived 2gether for all of their lives so they have shoaled so once they are in there and see one get nipped at wont they all like jump the crayfish

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
they all wont necessarliy all go after the crayfish, but if u try this u are taking the chance of your piranha getting injured

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
OOHH sh*t!

i totally over read the part about the crayfish being only one inch.

i wouldnt worry about a thing at all

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so there is a better chance of the Ps gettin injured than the crayfish gettin eaten??? cuz i'd rather the crays get eaten than the Ps get hurt even just a lil cuz the crays are cheap as hell

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
even trade.... my 2 (5"-6") for 4 of theirs (1- 1 1/2").... i dont know whos gettin cheated if anybody is but i need more in the tank and out of tons and tons of searching for the best way this has become the best

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
there are always crayfish in my tanks i lose about 3-4 a week do to geting eaten
some of my origanal crayfish are about 4" big claws and eat like crazy
when i added my little ones 2-3" reds the crayfish nipped at one of my babies
no serios damage to the piranha but that crayfish lost a claw
so i wouldent worry about those little crays

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
ferociousfish said:
what size tank do u have, how many PS, and and how many crays do u try to keep in there at once?
5 reds in a 55g (overstocking baby
)2 are 6-7" and 3 are 3-4"
i like to keep at last 8 crayfish at a time in there
my 3 baby super reds are really messy eaters there tear anything apart
then the crayfish do there duty

i have som small caves in the tank were my bigger crays stay and they only come out at night and dig through the gravel for food
my water has never been cleaner ever since i added crays

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah once i got mine after a couple days the water finally lost ALL of the ammonia... its never been bad but there was always some due to the food that gets down in the gravel that the Ps dont get... although the water is still a lil cloudy... for sum reason i just cant get rid of it all... is there a limit to how many u should have in the tank... im referring to crays

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
there really isent a limit for a 55g i would suggest 4
thety will do all the work needed
i just overfeed my guys 3 meals a day and any feeder they can snatch
the worst thing about crays is a about once a week or 2 they shed there skin and u gotta scoop it out
im lazy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts