Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
first your going to see nips ..then complete fin loss ..then no belly ..then no face.. not going to work

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
We had a oscar in with our red bellies from the time they were babies with no problems. I think it depends on the fish....might as well try it.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Xenon said:
We had a oscar in with our red bellies from the time they were babies with no problems. I think it depends on the fish....might as well try it.
just wondering do you still have that oscar?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Xenon said:
how big was the oscar when you added the piranhas?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
cichlids and piranhas can sometimes coexist with no problems so do not be shyed away from attempting this... however I would just try adding one that is more equalivant in size though

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I wouldn´t risk the JD! seems not a good idea at all since they don´t have similar size!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
take a look at Judazzz's pics for cichlids&piranhas

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had my very first red in a 40 L . it was 3" and I got a JD that was close to 5" and in two days the RB was dead, he took some nips out of the JD but lost in the end. that was before I knew any better on mixing fish and all.if they are both the same size they might make it a while but one will die sooner or later probably the JD.

Will

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
marco said:
i had a 8" jack demspy push around a 5" pacu.
wow, how amazing! *note my sarcastic tone*

I currently have a 7" severum pushing around 2 4.5" RBPs, and it has done for a year now, but the RBPs were smaller then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts