Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that Piranhas loose the potential to grow as big as the the ones in the wild in home aquarium?
Or
Do you think that a pirahna in home aquarium can get as large as wild ones.

I always thought that if you take a wild specimen out of the wild it will not grow to its potential in capitivty. I've gotten some caribe at 6-7in and comparing them to my 2-3in that grew to 6-7, they were much thicker and more of a bulldog face.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Do you think that Piranhas loose the potential to grow as big as the the ones in the wild in home aquarium?
Or
Sir Nathan XXI Posted on Mar 19 2003, 01:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think somebody once said captive fish sometimes get bigger in aquariums because there is more food available, and there are fewer predators
The remark originates from me.

For more on this MPower visit the following web page:

Pirana Measurements

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
hastatus said:
Or
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think somebody once said captive fish sometimes get bigger in aquariums because there is more food available, and there are fewer predators

Pirana Measurements
your an expert on piranhas and your not even literate?.......

·
Registered
27,223 Posts

Marco, if you took a second to think about what you type before you post, you will know Frank always spells "piranha" as "pirana". Pirana (with a ~ over the n) is the correct spanish pronunciation. It is pronounced pir-an-ya.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Xenon said:

Marco, if you took a second to think about what you type before you post, you will know Frank always spells "piranha" as "pirana". Pirana (with a ~ over the n) is the correct spanish pronunciation. It is pronounced pir-an-ya.
It's always funny when people with horrible grammar skills try to correct others.

·
Registered
39 Posts
marco said:
hastatus said:
Or

Pirana Measurements

It's "you're" hehe

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I believe this can go either way depending on the diet each hobbyist provides his piranhas...if someone fed their piranhas purely feeders then I think the possibility of it growing to even max size is highly unlikely. Talking with Frank I learned also that we aren't giving our piranha's much of the nutrients they receive in the wild so even with our best efforts to supply them with the diet they need we may be missing some important elements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.