Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 3 rpb's do it alot, they stay in 1 spot and move their bodies and tail like their swimming but dont move forward or back they just flap and open and close their mouths like there choping the sh*t out of some thing big!! their not up against the glass and are just off the gravel bout 1inch.

i think it could be a defence thing but i dont know? they do it alot.

their about 5-7inch and get along fine (most of the time)

does anyone elses p's do this??

if not can someone tell me why they do this?

thanx all

joe

·
Registered
430 Posts
My lonely baby RBP does that too. i have 3 zebra danio in the tank and it won't eat it..Is it maybe the danio's are too fast for the Pirahna. and btw i haven't feed it for 2 days so it should be hungry

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive also got 5 zebra danios in there too theyve bn there since october when i cycled the tank wit hthem in they just wont eat them.
And ive always got a ggos supply of barbs in there aswell that dissapear very slowly

but any one else on the orignal thread??

·
Registered
230 Posts
All my P's do that, I just thought thats how p's swim, sitting still but pushing water and certain ones have open mouths and a couple are closed. I had guppies in there and they dissappeared slowly, now theres only 1 and he's not even afraid of them, he swims with them like a P at feeding, he'l learn the hardway one day

·
Registered
983 Posts
All my P's do that. Good question. I hope some of the experts answer this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I just got 5 Red bellies and the little ones do it sometimes. They just sort of stay in one spot and wiggle their bodies but don't move anywhere. I thought I had some sick fish on my hands but then they'll swim just fine and I won't notice it for like a day. It sounds like a lot of people's piranhas do the same thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My baby rbp does this after he eats. He'll sit in the corner of the tank and flap while stretching his jaw.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx all
when i was watch one of them do it last night it didnt look like resting or any thing it looks like it s thrashing around on the spot quite violently ont their mouths open and close very fast prob 2 times a second for about 10 seconds its cool to watch but still dont know exactly what their doing

anyone else have this or know what its about???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts