Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to Tesco today for my recommended Shrimp everyones saying i should give my 3 redbellies. Unfortunately they had none so i got a pound of king prawns with the tail still on etc, cost me a f***ing fortune and they wont even give them a sniff! Then to top it all off along comes my pleco and ate the two i put in!!!!!
Not happy at all, will they eat shrimp or do i go to the fish mongers?

· The ASSMAN
13,346 Posts
Prawns, shrimp....pretty much the same thing. It sounds like you may be over feeding your fish if they wouldnt even give them a wiff. I fed my pygos every 3 to 5 days and they ate everything I put in....this does depend on size though.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grosse gurke said:
Prawns, shrimp....pretty much the same thing. It sounds like you may be over feeding your fish if they wouldnt even give them a wiff. I fed my pygos every 3 to 5 days and they ate everything I put in....this does depend on size though.
[snapback]833797[/snapback]​
They're only 3.5" normally give them Bloodworm, the odd pinkie, liver etc one or the other everyday. Should i try every other day? When i leave them longer than a day they take chunks out of each others fins

G

·
It all depends on amount, not easy to say everyday or not if you don't know how much. Mine is 4.5"( not a red ) and he eats everyday, but not a huge amount.

I can tell you i'm from England and I feed him around 10 different things. Mine loves raw king prawns from Asda, they are the only things that do not hit the deck before being devoured. He must like the smell :laugh: . The added bonus of the king prawns is I can stuff my other fishes food into it that he wouldn't usually readily eat. Like food stick and tablets. The inside of the prawn is really fleshy and it holds them well.

A king prawn is just a huge shrimp really. I guess different fish like different things. If they haven't eaten for a while they will take it. They will probably also decide they like it after trying it.

· Registered
1,145 Posts
bigredbellyfellor said:
Just been to Tesco today for my recommended Shrimp everyones saying i should give my 3 redbellies. Unfortunately they had none so i got a pound of king prawns with the tail still on etc, cost me a f***ing fortune and they wont even give them a sniff! Then to top it all off along comes my pleco and ate the two i put in!!!!!
Not happy at all, will they eat shrimp or do i go to the fish mongers?
[snapback]833792[/snapback]​
I am guessing you got them from the fresh fish counter? You will find it cheaper if you get the Raw Frozen King Prawns in a bag, I think £2.99 a bag. Mine LOVE them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.