Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything was going great this weekend until yesterday afternoon. I was getting ready to head out of town for a bit, so I was just finishing some house cleaning. As soon as I tried top move my tank and stand that house my bigger red back to where it should be, the whole stand collapsed. Of course all the water from my 30g covered the living room carpet. Hardly a half an inch left in the tank. I found my P under my computer desk. I got him in a small bucket ASAP! He is back in the same tank (it's not cracked!) and doing fine. I have moved that stand before a million times. It just had to be this time that is broke. The floor is all dry now too. So much for my plans. Oh well, the joys of this hobby are too numerous to mention.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Man, that really sucks :sad:
That muxt be one of my worst nightmares: my tank cracking or collapsing when I'm asleep or at work - I live on the 5th floor, so that would create quite a mess, and very pissed-off neighbours...

I hope you'll get everything back on track asap

btw: how are the fishies doing?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry to hear that!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
yikes...
...that sucks..sorry to hear that

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Ah! that's horrific! Also, one of my worst nightmares. I sit and stare at these little piles of wood, nails and glue and wonder "how the hell can they support such phenominal weight"?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Man.. that does truely suck!!! Worst nightmare of all to any aquarium hobbyist!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That does really suck...perhaps it was because you've moved it a million times that the base decided to break. Glad to hear your red is ok and by some miracle your tank didn't crack...thats some crazy S!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts