Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the advantage to ppl painting the back of thier tanks black? Why dont they just use those scenes from the lfs with the plants and such on them

·
Registered
841 Posts
I painted both of my tanks. I really like the black back ground and even if you hang a black background it will never look as good as if its painted IMO.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
i think some people do this maybe to try and make their tanks lok bigger or maybe just for the sake of doing it,

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
id say yes just cos people like it, i tried it with black card and didnt liike it at all, but it does make your decor stand out a little better also, it is all about personal opinion....................

i like the 3d backgrounds the best

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
yeah that is pretty nice like, there are tons of good background out at the moment like

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
I've never been brave enough to do this with my bowfront as I definitely don't want to end up ruining it in any way. Same thing with the concrete diy backgrounds.

There are ways to attach the pet store backgrounds to your tank that make them look good. I've seen tanks that have used vaseline to press the background up against the tank and it looks really sharp. Just have to press out the air bubbles and such. It can be messy and is best done before the tank is full. But still cool.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
i like to paint mine because i think it helps bring out the colour and makes the fish stand out really good when taking photos of the fish

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Sometimes water gets between the tank and the vinyle background, and it looks like a bad tint job. That will never happen with paint.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would like to try a hand at painting one of my piranha tanks with a black backgroud but dont want to risk wrecking it... I use these dynamic backgrounds from Jewel in my tanks, there look great and are brilliant quality. There quite expensive but well worth the money in my opinion...also they come in two different size formats, at fit perfectly in Jewel tanks.

Rock 600 style

Tree root 600 style

1 - 13 of 13 Posts