Piranhas Forum banner

why do people get so upset about snakeheads?

379 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Atlanta Braves Baby! 
#1 ·
why do people get so upset when someone wants to get a snakehead, but when someone wants a P and live in a state that their illeagle in its ok?

im not trying to start a fight, rather see where people are coming from.

#2 ·
FreakyAcidTripper said:
why do people get so upset when someone wants to get a snakehead, but when someone wants a P and live in a state that their illeagle in its ok?

im not trying to start a fight, rather see where people are coming from.
[snapback]844641[/snapback]​
Probably because They can wipeout complete eco-systems if released into the wild .

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is really quite a shame that people can't take ownership and act responsibly. True, Argus or micropelis could easily cause serious damage to a water way ecosystem. But even so, the ban on snakeheads, as well as other fish, is just the easy blanket answer. Snakeheads are an amazing fish. If Code and Regulation or Fish and Game would sell with permits and licenses, much like a gun, there wouldn't be a problem. It's easier to just ban anything that has teeth and a sensationalized reputation.

#8 ·
SLANTED said:
It is really quite a shame that people can't take ownership and act responsibly. True, Argus or micropelis could easily cause serious damage to a water way ecosystem. But even so, the ban on snakeheads, as well as other fish, is just the easy blanket answer. Snakeheads are an amazing fish. If Code and Regulation or Fish and Game would sell with permits and licenses, much like a gun, there wouldn't be a problem. It's easier to just ban anything that has teeth and a sensationalized reputation.
[snapback]844712[/snapback]​
Wow , You just amazed me , I didnt know you in it in ya

#12 ·
in TANKBUSTER CARE: Large Snakeheads it says that the dwarfs are less of a threat to society, does that mean that their legal? or all snakeheads are illeagle and thats that?

sorry for all these dumb questions just im starting to get "bit by the fishlovers bug" or whatever that phrase is, and am hoping to start my own fish room soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.