Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a research project for my marketing class, so your responses will be very helpful. I'm trying to find out why people prefer buying their textbooks online as opposed to at their college bookstore. The most obvious answer will be price, but some of you may have other reasons. I thank you in advance for your time and responses.

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
My brother said it's easier to find them online instead of at the store, ie larger selection.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Conveinent. No long lines, no salesperson trying to sell you more stuff, no students pushing and trying to get their way around you, no having to be six feet tall to get the used books at the top shelf, just point and click and its done.

BTW, I buy my books at the store... hahaha

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i never bought my books online. But, if i had to speculate, price would be the biggest factor.

I have never had problems with salespeople. At my bookstore, i know what books i need, i grab them and leave. salesmen don't try to sell me anything.

·
Registered
131 Posts
$$$ I can make money off books sellign them back to students, but at our school we are famed for having the highest public tution.....so i guess thats why lol

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Another thing is sometimes, these online bookstores hold sales and bargin thats your local college bookstores dont have. Not all bookstores sell out the same books for that certain course ones taking.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My roommate had a terrible time not finding several books he needed for his honor courses, so he had to buy them all online. I buy all mine used at the store...cuz I'm poor.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Not having to go to the evil oligopoly bookstores in town and $$$$. One of my classes is using a book from 1993
and they are still selling it used for 96 bucks at the book stores on campus. I was able to find it, including shipping for 40 at half.com. God now you have me thinking about these rip off joints and im getting mad again. There are 3 bookstores around, 1 being campus owned. The prices and buy back prices are a joke, and the campus book store tries to come off looking like jesus by selling books for 5-10 dollars less than the other places. I would buy from one of the other 2 book stores and pay alittle more before I would throw more money to the university. Thank god for half.com!

·
This f*cking Guy!
9,420 Posts
Im using/used Half.com for my Books.
They wanted like $90+ for an OLD out-of-Print Math book

Bought that bitch on the net for $13.86 W/Shipping!
So yea, Mainly PricE, they have alotta books, No hassles.

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
Price.
Delivery.
24/7 access.
No lines.
More selection.
Price.
Price.
Price.
Did I mention price?
Also sell books back and get more money, instead of returning them into book store.

Everything Alanta Braves Baby just said too.

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I would say my #1 reason is Price. I dont mind the lines and the crow2d so much as you get to see a lot of classmates and hang out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts