Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i turn off my air pumps, give 30 mins and all the P's start to chill at the very top of the tank, like i could touch them with my finger, if they were any higher they would be out of the water.

?? then when i turn the airpumps back on they slowly move back down..

· Registered
564 Posts
I'm a noob, but after what I've seen and heard, it's probably because they are trying to get oxygen, because you've turned off the airpumps. Logically isn't it?
Allthough that they do that after just 30 min, seems strange to me.

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my fish r in my room, so if u can picture i got a 125G and a 90G tank, sometimes the air pumps get so loud i cant sleep, it is very nervracking.
so i turn the pumps off at night, and turn them back on in the morning.

· Registered
480 Posts
If you dont mind the sound of water, you could try agitating the surface more with your filter or a powerhead to help the transfer of oxygen.

· Registered
486 Posts
yea just get a powerhead... im sure nobody will die because of lack of oxygen if they havent yet... they just may need a little more than they have. the right powerhead can be dead quiet and circulate the water enough to get more oxygen around the tank...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.