Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do my P's act so happy and more agressive/act--ive after i do water changes?

i noticed yet again today after a water change my P's were very active, i coulod see their agressive attitudes. they were swimming fast, attacking everythign their mouths could fit on, ate left overs etc.

i dont usually see this bahaviour any other time, how can i make them feel this comfortable always?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think it's because adding fresh water will also add a lot of oxygen to the water, possibly making them more active. And maybe it's the temperature difference between the tank water and the newly added water: I always refill with slightly cooler water when changing water, and they act the same as you described...
Who knows: maybe the slight temperature differences feel like rain, and maybe p's are more active after a rain shower...
I mean, they say the best time to go fishing is during or shortly after it has rained....

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Ive always thought of it as new water being circulated into the tank. Its kinda like living in an enclosed room, having new fresh oxygen enter and circulate. The better more oxygen (like water in thank) the more energized/active you become.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i have bubble wands in all my tanks and my fish are active all day long they are always swimming around...dunno though mine do the same when i do a water change...i think that they see the new water and maybe start looking for a new place to swim heh

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Bubble wands, air stones and powerheads do help with co2/oxygen mix in the water. But a complete water change with new fresh water has PURE mixure of both, uncirculated.

Another example is being in the same enclosed room, with new air circulating from a vent. You cant compare that with an open window

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Agree, new oxigen makes the difference...and the powerhead will do great to keep them active and healthy...!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.