Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
pissed off. my dominant P would bite the other just there. i saw it once just after doing the dance thing he took a bite out of the other P.

very cool to watch though i felt bad for the other P

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alan,

Not bored, not hungry. My one Pygo got killed just on the next day they had eaten, bellies full of food. Normally I feed these 9 inchers once every 5-7 days.

This, is I believe, territorialism.
A Matter of Life and Death.

BTW Iron Maiden really Rocks.
is it likely to end up dead then ?

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
i dont think its MOST likey. but theres a chance hes challenging someone more dominant. it that case one might end up dead.
i woudl say hes as likely to be eaten now than ever. if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
MelaFix Contains the natural botanical extract from the Tea Tree (Melaleuca, an excellent alternative to resistant strains of bacteria that are unaffected by traditional medications. Treats bacterial infections such as red ulcers, fin and tail rot, cloudy eyes, mouth fungus, and others in as little as 4 days. Also heals open wounds, ulcers, and damaged fins. Doesn't affect pH; safe for invertebrates.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Dont get it on ebay.....if you can wait for shipping you might as well leave it alone

go to LFS and pick some up if thats the way your going with

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
ok if you wanna go all paranoid dumping salt m.fix or whatever in your tank. you should also consider the added risk to the fish from the rest of the shoal. so... you need to remove the fish and let it heal.

but then again the odds are slim so IMO let it be...

·
Registered
658 Posts
ok if you wanna go all paranoid dumping salt m.fix or whatever in your tank. you should also consider the added risk to the fish from the rest of the shoal. so... you need to remove the fish and let it heal.

but then again the odds are slim so IMO let it be...
or put a divider in there if you havent got another tank, keep it seperated until it heals.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
you dont need to treat that p with anything but time.
i would use salt, as it can not hurt and is very inexpensive
i would also look into maybe getting 2-3 more reds, they say 2 is a bad number.....
but i have never owned just 2 so i can't say for sure

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.