Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
um happens a lot could be a sing of parasite. but mine flash sometiems like that too. but not that much only once in awhile.

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
Then you either have parasites, fungus or bad water parameters. The first thing to do is test your ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and all that. If that doesn't come up with a clear answer for what could be bothering your fish, look closely at them. One definate thing to look for is signs of ich (white spots, especially on the fins). As well, look for parasites swimming in the water (not likely though) and fungus or discoloration on your piranhas. Not really my area of expertise but that's a start

·
Registered
573 Posts
ive had the same situation... i noticed it happens when i do a large water change or when i have moved them to new tanks with mostly new water... its definately one of the above mentioned symptoms. my case is obviously bad water chemistry and it bothers the fish. after a while they stopped doing it so just get some water treatment and wait it out if the water is relatively new i would say.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Then you either have parasites, fungus or bad water parameters. The first thing to do is test your ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and all that. If that doesn't come up with a clear answer for what could be bothering your fish, look closely at them. One definate thing to look for is signs of ich (white spots, especially on the fins). As well, look for parasites swimming in the water (not likely though) and fungus or discoloration on your piranhas. Not really my area of expertise but that's a start
[snapback]832748[/snapback]​
Very good advice. If all of this checks out to be fine then they might just be scratching themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts