Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin bought 1rbp about 3 months ago he fed it mostly worms and goldfish(which are bad like i told him) but anyways Then he got a bigger tank and bought another rbp and has been feeding them mostly shrimp and worms with an occasinal g.fish. Well i got my 2 rbp about a week before christmas. They were the same size as my cousins. But after about a week i noticed mine seemed to be getting alot bigger than his 2 fish. Why are mine growing so much faster then his 2 fish. We have exactly the same size tank just curious? By the way i have been feeding mine mostly krill. My to red bellies are around 4 inches now and his still are likle 2.5 inches same length they have been since he bought them. Is it just the food i feed them or is it another factor I would like to know this. Thanks for the help.

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
Water parameters , proper feedings , different diets, things like this play as part in the ordeal.

·
In Istanbul we won it 5 times!
5,612 Posts
how often you do water changes, powerheads, amount you feed, what you feed, general water conditions, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feed my p's twice a day before school and before I go to bed. He only feeds them once but he feeds them alot more tamn i feed mine. Another thing I have a power head and he dosent and we both have the same filter.

·
In Istanbul we won it 5 times!
5,612 Posts
RBP dude said:
I feed my p's twice a day before school and before I go to bed. He only feeds them once but he feeds them alot more tamn i feed mine. Another thing I have a power head and he dosent and we both have the same filter.
[snapback]855748[/snapback]​
theirs your answers then...

you have a better varied diet, feed smaller portions but twice a day, and have a powerhead

·
Registered
66 Posts
but i am not using my power head to make a current i am using it to make air. He has more plants and other things in his tank and they are pretty tall. All have alot of plants but they are not very tall. Also I have some big rocks. Just thoght i would tell you my tank lay out.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Aside from all thats been mentioned, individual genes play a factor of this as well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we both do water changes at the same time each week cause he lives at my house. So when we clean tanks and do things like that we do them at the same time every week. Thanks for all the help guys/gals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts