Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who on this board has ever SEEN caribe eggs or fry?

not small caribe, but actual fry? not talked to somebody who has...but actually seen them.

If you have. The first thing you should have done was take pictures...
I think it's a bunch of bullshit myself.

I was kinda joking around at first but somebody decided to get cocky, so now I really want proof.

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neoplasia said:
I'm sure they're all rushing to send you proof now. Still haven't learned the art of tact yet I see.
look who's talking....

and your point is?????

hey, im just requesting some info so i don't get embaressed in the future. why is that so bad?

what is everybodies problem?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Perhaps the attitude behind it? Chill out man, good grief.

But anyways, you wouldn't know the difference with pictures, they'd look identical to wild-caught ones.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I know a person who has bred caribe. I have contacted him and if he chooses he will post and tell everyone he has done it. But I guarantee you...it has been done. I can offer no proof....the only proof I have is the word of a good man who i trust.

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xenon said:
I know a person who has bred caribe. If he chooses he will say he has "seen fry". But I guarantee you...it has been done. I can offer no proof....the only proof I have is the word of a good man who i trust.
do you see my point though????

you are the only one who has semi-proof of this, something that could make a person very very wealthy yet doesn't sell them. and all you have is somebodies word. I'm not saying you shouldn't believe the guy, im just saying that without proof im not gonna believe it and encourage others not to believe it either.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
goldfish chunks in teeth said:
Xenon said:
I know a person who has bred caribe. If he chooses he will say he has "seen fry". But I guarantee you...it has been done. I can offer no proof....the only proof I have is the word of a good man who i trust.
do you see my point though????

you are the only one who has semi-proof of this, something that could make a person very very wealthy yet doesn't sell them. and all you have is somebodies word. I'm not saying you shouldn't believe the guy, im just saying that without proof im not gonna believe it and encourage others not to believe it either.
They have been bred in captivity. Whether you choose to believe it or not is your perogative.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
goldfish chunks in teeth Posted on May 21 2003, 09:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (hastatus @ May 21 2003, 03:47 PM)
Both have been bred. The yellow forms since late 80s. The cariba within the last 3 or 4 years./QUOTE

okay f*ck this....

how come i've never heard anything like this? is it just common knowledge in the p world?

anything else you guys have been hiding from me?

Probably because you never read the OPEFE web site where it is buried in the body of the work. That information has been publically available for a few of years by me and via my original hard copy journal. Its only a well-kept secret to those that don't research it further.
goldfish chunks in teeth Posted: May 22 2003, 03:46 PM
.......i never stumbled accross the site, until you started putting it on the forums.

hoooray one un-advertised site with this info. im suprised more people don't know this aswell.

plus on your webiste i didn't see any PROOF.

My Reply:
hastatus Posted: May 22 2003, 06:53 PM

Are you stating I'm fabricating this information?

I would also like B. scott input on this question since he also has made a statement that all P. cariba are wild caught imports to the aquario trade.
goldfish chunks in teeth Posted: May 22 2003, 07:05 PM

you could be. and none of us would ever know.
My Reply:

hastatus Posted: May 22 2003, 07:23 PM

For someone who didn't know my web page existed nor has done any real indepth search or have direct knowledge of breeding sources, I would be very careful in what you are stating.

For your information, this topic has been covered quite extensively in Predatory fishes with photos of the offspring from the breeders. Also in Pfury, this has also been covered with the names of the people involved.

So tell you what, go look it up. It may save you further embarrassment.

PS: The people having the breeders have agreed to allow me to publish photos of the next spawning to end this once and for all.
goldfish chunks in teeth Posted: May 22 2003, 08:43 PM

oh god,

calm down, im not trying to question "THE ALLMIGHTY FISH GOD"

I was just saying it doesn't look like anyone here has ever seen caribe under 2 inches yet you seem to have the proof that they are bred, without pictures of these fish i don't believe it.

i mean for cri-sakes this is the f*cking internet. there are pictures of everything you want. yet, the only baby caribe I see are 2 inches.

p.s. I know you are very cocky, I know you have a huge rep to defend, and a huge fish ego to support. but don't talk to me like a f*cking child.

a person like you could never embarrass a person like me. Frankie-boy.
I see no where in my posts where I acted cocky towards you. I simply said you needed to do more research before saying something was false. Also I did not resort to name calling or foul language, both attributes and manners which you clearly showed in your last post before Mike closed it.

This will be my last post on this topic, you didn't embarrass me as much as you embarrassed yourself. And reading the method you were replying to me indicated you had another agenda.

Have a nice day.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Ok Goldfish, to prove your point, i know a guy had the pair of breeding Caribe. I also had one of their offspring. =) You can take my word for it and you may not. It seems like people want to keep the Cariba breeding a secret. I would not lie to you that i have a captive bred Cariba. There is no point in me lying. Anyhow, i seen the fish and i had one of their offspring in my tank.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know who all you are but I find it so ridiculous that you can say just because you have'nt seen fry or eggs the fish has not been spawned. I haven't seen oxygen but I am not so narrow minded as to assume therefore it doesn't exist. I have been breeding fish for probably more years then you are old and I would never make a statement like you just did. I have seen both of the objectives in your request, eggs and fry, I have seen these because I have bred them. I really don't care if you belive me or not but have promised Frank that I will document the full breed next spawn. I hope you will be satisfied at that point, because thats all you are going to get.I love this hobby and I am very upset with all the name calling and acusations that get thrown around. I wish for just once people would look at who they are talking about and realize this man deserves your respect if nothing more, he has ,as I, nothing to prove to those who only want to attack. I am not going to respond to any attacks here but am happy to answer responsible questions.

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay okay okay....

i don't want to be the bad guy of the board here...

obviously i've struck a nerve. we have yet to see pics...

eric, xenon, i believe you guys. but i think before posting it on a website like franks, there should be proof to back it up, that's all.

sorry...i will drop it.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
How about some 1" piraya Well a hair over 1 1/4"

Here they are at 2 3/4 inches

Who can really say for sure. These are probably born in south america in a controlled environment.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
wallago2111 said:
I don't know who all you are but I find it so ridiculous that you can say just because you have'nt seen fry or eggs the fish has not been spawned. I haven't seen oxygen but I am not so narrow minded as to assume therefore it doesn't exist. I have been breeding fish for probably more years then you are old and I would never make a statement like you just did. I have seen both of the objectives in your request, eggs and fry, I have seen these because I have bred them. I really don't care if you belive me or not but have promised Frank that I will document the full breed next spawn. I hope you will be satisfied at that point, because thats all you are going to get.I love this hobby and I am very upset with all the name calling and acusations that get thrown around. I wish for just once people would look at who they are talking about and realize this man deserves your respect if nothing more, he has ,as I, nothing to prove to those who only want to attack. I am not going to respond to any attacks here but am happy to answer responsible questions.
I agree totaly. And would like to thank you for contributing. I can say for me that frank is the man
And you too for sharing.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
wallago2111 said:
I have seen both of the objectives in your request, eggs and fry, I have seen these because I have bred them.
i believe you guys. but i think before posting it on a website like franks, there should be proof to back it up, that's all.
What proof would you seek? A picture of eggs or fry? How would that look any different than typical nattereri eggs and fry? You have a member stating he recieved very juvinile caribe and they are in fact caribe and you have another member (a VERY reputable member I might add) saying he has bred them. The proof you seek is above. Only reasonable questions/posts now please.

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Xenon said:
The proof you seek is above.
where? a small fish? that doesn't mean they were bred...

even the guy who posted it said he doesn't know where they were from..

what kind of proof is a small fish?

i wanna drop this, but that is not proof.

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i still have to debate my side...saying just because a fish is about an inch long so it's bred in captivity is crap and you know it.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
goldfish chunks in teeth said:
well i still have to debate my side...saying just because a fish is about an inch long so it's bred in captivity is crap and you know it.
I am referring to the very reputable member who just posted he has bred cariba in captivity, not Raptor or o snap's posts. Now which proof do you seek?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Do the humeral spots on Caribe frys show at that early stage?? I dont remember if Caribas look almost identical to Reds when babies having the spots.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.