Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my whole family in law enforcement and i am going to school next-year to get a degree in it and to go through the academy. i am wondering who else in here has a badge, becuase all i know of right now on this site is armac.

so if you do have a career in it or will, please post what field u are in and how many years it has been. if you are planning on it, post what school or other training you are getting to become apart of the brotherhood

i am going to ferris state university next year to get a bachelors in criminal justice. i chose ferris because they have the best law enforcement course in the state and now have their own police academy. also, my brother just graduated from there going through the criminal justice courses as well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have my whole family in law enforcement and i am going to school next-year to get a degree in it and to go through the academy. i am wondering who else in here has a badge, becuase all i know of right now on this site is armac.

so if you do have a career in it or will, please post what field u are in and how many years it has been. if you are planning on it, post what school or other training you are getting to become apart of the brotherhood

i am going to ferris state university next year to get a bachelors in criminal justice. i chose ferris because they have the best law enforcement course in the state and now have their own police academy. also, my brother just graduated from there going through the criminal justice courses as well.
I'm studying for the state trooper exam atm. I took the written test a few years ago and missed it by a hair

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
i was wanting to become a cop, but not im pursuing the firefighters as it seems to be more down my alley.

i was going to do the same thing as you, except up here a criminal justice degree doesnt really mean much when you apply to the force. any kind of university degree or trades experience will get you in. but that's just up here, and from the guys i have talked to in recruiting for the local forces and the RCMP>

good luck man :D take the pepper spray in the eyes with pride!!

·
5,336 Posts
cops where!?!??

good luck you guys... really i have nothing against str8 cops, the ones in my town are a dif story....

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yea, and ill take the taser with pride too
[/quote]

My state trooper buddies tell me that's not a requirement anymore

[/quote]
idk, i know alot of the cops around here still have to. even if its not a requirement anymore, i think i probably still would just to know how it feels and what its like being shot with one and what it can do to a persons body in that one instant the trigger is pulled.

·
Registered
194 Posts
haha yea, and ill take the taser with pride too
[/quote]

My state trooper buddies tell me that's not a requirement anymore

[/quote]
idk, i know alot of the cops around here still have to. even if its not a requirement anymore, i think i probably still would just to know how it feels and what its like being shot with one and what it can do to a persons body in that one instant the trigger is pulled.
[/quote]

yeah that's understandable. i've been pepper sprayed, and stunned with a stun gun.. but never tasered. Wonder what that's like?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
isnt a stun gun more of a handheld unit that you make physical contact with the opposing party to take them down and a taser the actual gun that fires the probes out that lodges into the suspects skin and zaps them from there? or are they basically same thing, diff names?

·
Registered
194 Posts
a stun gun is a tazer.... there are different voltages
No a taser is a stun gun, with little needle like deals attached to two wires that STICK IN YOUR FLESH lol

And by the way.... the pepper spray was f*cking torture!!! omg.... i f*cking puked.

The stun gun wasnt that bad.... it knocked my ass off... but it kinda tickled my balls.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
isnt a stun gun more of a handheld unit that you make physical contact with the opposing party to take them down and a taser the actual gun that fires the probes out that lodges into the suspects skin and zaps them from there? or are they basically same thing, diff names?

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
I'm currently majoring in criminal justice and we had the option to be sprayed by pepper spray at a trip to an academy. Not fun. I also did it when I was at Abu Ghraib for a couples months in Iraq, the MPs also let me try out the attack dogs. Now that was fun! Just don't fight back!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
going to be in police academy in 1 year after school and My father retired after 30 years as captian and swat and Marine Patrol team. I have been stunned, not tased with a gun and Never been mased, Some places it it a voluteenter only and some required to take it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my family history....my grandpa was the first captain of the PD here, my mother was an officer, then tried out animal control, and quickly switched to dispatch where she has been ever since. my father is a sergeant right now, his brother (my uncle) is an officer in a nearby city, another uncle (by marriage) works dispatch, my half brother just graduated from ferris and is looking at different cities around here to be hired at, and his father was a cop for detroit for many years and then switched out here before he retired

i dont think i left anyone else out

so basically i have been bred for this line of work, lol

·
Banned
9,412 Posts
im on my last two classes for my CJ degree. i've also completed several volunteer courses, and done several ride alongs with local police forces, as well as taken part in alcohol related sting operations, coordinated by local authorities. my plan is to get my degree, and find a job in southern california in either law enforcement, or fire, (preferably fire), and if time allows, hold a second part time job doing something i enjoy. we'll see though.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
if you're a cop or firefighter you wont have time to have another job. for the firefighters up here it's 4 days on, 4 days off. on those 4 days off you're going to be doing some crap at the department, and sleeping a lot of the rest of it.

well..i mean...you COULD have a second job...but you would wear yourself out pretty quick i would imagine.

when i get into the fire department im going to spend my off days renovating houses...or set up a small electrical company and do some sh*t with that...but its a hell of a lot of work to undertake when you're already in such a demanding profession. good luck tho r1dermon :D

·
Registered
316 Posts

im a freshman at Lake Superior State University, criminal justice major, fire science minor. my mom and dad were both officers.. messace me if you have any questions about school. btw.. go to lake state.. the program is better

1 - 20 of 26 Posts