Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there my fellow pfury :D .just got a new 40 gallon tank.wondering what kinda of piranha(s).i should get?any and all ideas appreciared.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah about three or less but not sure wheather to go with a rhom or with some spilos or some piray and caribe?which mixture would be the best??if i should go that way?:D

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Unless you plan on upgrading very soon, dont go with pygos, especially anything but reds, and even 3 reds deserve more than a 40. And with a 40 I would not suggest going with more than 1 spilo, they are harder to shoal than pygos and I believe 3 would need a atleast a 75 to be successful. I think a 40 is perfect for one spilo. You can do whatever you want but please keep in mind the needs of the fish when you make your decission.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes this would be only for a period of time.i like to raise my my fish.so when they get bigger and they look nice i can brag.
.to my friends.if i should go with a spilo i will try to get as small as possible or with any other that i pick.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Marco,
Why would he want to put a big rhom in a 40? I have a average size rhom in a 75 and he seems a tad cramped. I could not picture him in a 40 and he is only 10". If you are going to give advice atleast give it some thought first. ??? And you want to be my latex salesman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts