Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently gotten my p's to accept pellets right now i've got them on hikari food sticks.....but i would like to know what everyone else feeds as far as pellets and how much they feed.....i just dump some in and if they eat it fast then i dump a little more till i see a slight bulge in their bellys.....my p's are 6-9" and there are 7 of them and i feed everyday......lmk what u guys use

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
pellets the only good thing about them are bringing out the color from the fish....also it a healthy food for most fresh water fish...

But just think about piranha in the wild, thier eating shrimp, other fish, variety different food.

Pellets are good, but you want to train your piranha to get use to other food as well. you dont want them to eat the same food everytime you feed them. IMO

·
Registered
717 Posts
It's good that you got them to accept pellets. I bought some New Life Spectrum Pellets for the manny i'll be getting very soon. I doubt it'll accept them so i'll have to find a way to put them in the frozen food i feed it. With my previous P's i used to vary between 4-5 different kinds of frozen food. Tilapia, halibut, shrimp, smelt, and silversides. I plan on doing the same this time, plus the pellets.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my p's diet consist mostly of krill, pellets, and beefheart mix.....i'm not big into feeding fillets i just dont liek them......i used to feed my old p's shrimp alot guess i'll have to try that with the shoal i got now

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
My shoal of P. nattereri LOVE Hikari Cichlid Gold pellets, so I feed them as a treat! I'm really happy that they eat it so well.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
mix it up a bit maybe give them the pellets 2 or 3 times a week and in between do a combination of shrimp, catfish fellets and tilapia or something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts