Piranhas Forum banner

white shit

385 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Dr. Giggles 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
i dont know if you all can see the little white like hairs on my glass in these pics but can someone tell me what they are and how the hell to get rid of em. i just did a water change so hopefully that helps. i rearrnged my tank then when i was done this sh*t was everywhere View attachment 52458 View attachment 52459 o yah it isnt algaer eithr.

#3 ·
can you see little white things swimming around?

if what im thinking they are is correct get some "coppersafe"

cant remember what they are called but they are not harmful..actually they are helpful in breaking down uneaten food in the home aquaria but you certainly dont want the around anyway

#5 ·
if the white stuff on your tank looks like fungus [sort of fluffy and flows with the water] then it's that...fungus. nothing too big to worry about, it's from poor water quality. you can easily scrape it off and do regular, more frequent water changes. chemical treatment isn't necessary. i've gotten fungus a few times and remedied the problem with just a little scrubbing and water changes.

if the white stuff look like tiny worms that are attached to the glass, then it could be planaria. still nothing to be worried about, they're harmless worms that feed on leftovers. but the issue is still with water quality. salt treatments and larger water changes easily cure the water of planaria.

#6 ·
Possible nematodes. A good scrubbing and a good mechanical filter is recommended. Unfortunately salt will not kill it. I recently went through the same problem. I ran a diatom filter continuously for 3 weeks and occasional scrubbings to rectify situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.