Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two swords and a few pieces of mongo grass in my tank. The swords have been there for about 2 months now, and the mongo is just 2 weeks old. I just noticed alot of white stringy fuzz on one leaf of the sword and on a few of the mongo's blades. I went ahead and cut the leaves off close to the base....what is this stuff and do I need to do anything to prevent it?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I've got two swords and a few pieces of mongo grass in my tank. The swords have been there for about 2 months now, and the mongo is just 2 weeks old. I just noticed alot of white stringy fuzz on one leaf of the sword and on a few of the mongo's blades. I went ahead and cut the leaves off close to the base....what is this stuff and do I need to do anything to prevent it?
Usually white strings are fungus filaments. If it is light green, however, it is thread algae (Chlorophyta, Green algae).
We would need to see a pic from this to be sure.

Harry

·
DYNOMITE!
6,671 Posts
Ya get some pics up.

And sorry to point this out, but Mondo grass is a terrestrial plant, non aquatic.

·
DYNOMITE!
6,671 Posts
All we can say is, read up on planted tanks, namely the pinned topics in this forum, learn all that you can, and come back with more pointed questions so we can try to help better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts