Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It's normal. They often lose their color when there is no light. You will notice that within a few minutes the color is back and so is their normal activity level. Nothing to worry about. If this happens during the course of the day it is a good indication of stress, but at night when the lights are first turned on it is normal and nothing to worry about.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Pretty normal...color gets back within a minute!

Their bellys get white when they are too stressed/scary too!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Normal. They do tend to loose their coloring when relaxed, inactive, before and after sleep. Dont worry, they willl gain coloration when awake and/or fully active.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
mine do this every night actually all the reds i have kept have done this.
my piraya on the other hand never loses its colour but then its got a lot more than the reds to lose
dixon

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Neoplasia said:
It's normal. They often lose their color when there is no light. You will notice that within a few minutes the color is back and so is their normal activity level. Nothing to worry about. If this happens during the course of the day it is a good indication of stress, but at night when the lights are first turned on it is normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yeah there are many fish that have different colour patterns to express different signals... you should see some of my cichlids I have :smile:
If only we could change colour like fish do, now wouldnt that be cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.