Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know caribe are much more aggressive eaters, but are also more territorial. I have heard that ternetzis are more active, and are also pretty heavy eaters. I like ternetzis better personally. Please give me your input.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Agree, Caribas are more active due to their very aggressive territorial behavior...nothing can beat a Cariba shoal!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I like them both. I really dont notice any difference in behavior. The most territorial fish in my shoal is a Yellow Nattereri, and I have 4 Cariba, 2 of which are equal or greater in size that the solo yellow natt. I think cariba look better when young, but when they get larger, I think the Yellow Nattereri is amazing.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
another plus Cariba cost 1/3 of what Ternetzi do
Reasons why Caribas are more expensive because they're the Ps in demand at the momment. Awhile back Rhoms were the shizz, but now, req for them has reduced. Carbas are the most req for the momment, but since orders for them are out, dont be surprised to see req and prices for Terns to go up soon

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Sir Nathan XXI said:
Reasons why Caribas are more expensive because they're the Ps in demand at the momment. Awhile back Rhoms were the shizz, but now, req for them has reduced. Carbas are the most req for the momment, but since orders for them are out, dont be surprised to see req and prices for Terns to go up soon
I agree with supply and demand, but Cariba have always been cheaper than Yellow Nattereri. People were trying to get big $ for cariba for the last month or so, but they were never as much as terns.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have both and so far i enjoy the caribas more, they are way more fierce, quick, and just plain mean. The way a piranha should be.
The terns are more laid back, but they hold their own when the caribas try to bully them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I started with RBP's 10 years ago,
but I was hocked by my first look at a living cariba.
Germany is a place where you cannot see that much piranhas....and anything more then the RBP is sometimes
impossible!

I have never seen any living tern !

So I am a cariba fan.

Amd I think , that the tern is nothing more then a yellow nattereri.

In my opinion, but this maybe wrong in other eyes, on persons who has first-hand expierience on them.

now I am the proud owner of two py.piraya,
and I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS TWO GUYS !

they dominate everything, realy true kings!
And kings that can shoal!

But if I have to decide between terns and cariba, I would go for the cariba, the only point that worries me with the cariba is, that they loose many of their brilliant colour after some years.

My 5 years old caribas have nearly lost the black shoulder and much of the red-belly/breast.
Don't know what will happen to terns with age, my reds got nearly black with time.

It is my opinion and your choice...

But waht ever you got, I know u would like it, cause it is a PIRANHA...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Sir Nathan XXI said:
thank God pedro has them at dirt cheap which is dropping prices for caribe from the other sellers. I love caribe, always will, but may get a tern as well, just to say I have one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.