Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
First, the bulbs, from that list I would choose the PowerGlo and the Eclipse Natural Daylight... this is still not really enough light for even a low light 225g tank though... you really want to have at least 1wpg and right now with those 4 bulbs you are only going to have around .53wpg... so the plants may stay alive, but you wont see much if any growth and they will probably eventually die.

As for how long to leave them on... this has been debated many times on the plant forums, most people say 8, 10, or 12 hours a day... personally, mine are on for 15hrs a day because I like to enjoy my tanks when I wake up in the morning and at night when I get home and am watching tv... really you just have to find what works for you.

Finally... fertilizing, yes you need to. Whether you really want to or not is up to you, but if you want to get some growth out of your plants you are going to need to. Dippy's pinned topic on planted tanks goes over a lot of the fertilization information.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.