Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a site or place where they sell beefheart or krill in bulks? I want to buy same ones they sell in packs at your LFS, and not the ones you buy at markets which you have to clean, cut up, worry about freshness.. ect. It beats going to your LFS and having a case ready in your fridge.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
maybe ask your pet store wer they get them and back track it? Not realy sure, sorry.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm sure your lfs will give you the run around, either that or they will order some in bulk for you then raise the price on it and sell it to you. I've had pretty good luck with just going to the local food store and getting like big bags of shrimp, smelt, cheap priced steak etc... I've sorta been weening off of buying feeders, beefheart etc.. just because the price. I got and buy like 50 feeders for around 5-6 bucks and they are gone in like a day.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Outie said:
I'm sure your lfs will give you the run around, either that or they will order some in bulk for you then raise the price on it and sell it to you. I've had pretty good luck with just going to the local food store and getting like big bags of shrimp, smelt, cheap priced steak etc... I've sorta been weening off of buying feeders, beefheart etc.. just because the price. I got and buy like 50 feeders for around 5-6 bucks and they are gone in like a day.
have you ever looked for fish whole sellers online?
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/
http://www.petranchdiscount.com/fish-supplies.htm

i dono, keep looking

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sir Nathan XXI said:
Do you live near a Sam's Club? They sell in bulk, if not your local butcher can order the stuff for you in bulk I would bet
The nearest local Sam's Club is 2 hrs away, pluse I dont have membership. I understand about getting it from a local butcher in bulks.. but I want to try and avoid straight from a meat market. They tend to smell like death and get all yuck-nasty after awhile.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i go to the local supermarket and buy beef heart and chop it up and freeze it and frozen smelt and i also get frozn shrip. it's better for them and cheeper the feeders all the time

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
If you are looking for beefheart go to a nearest Winco's if you have it I think they are all over the US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts