Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where i can buy a divider or order one online? Making one out of an eggcrate would be my last resort.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know where i can buy a divider or order one online? Making one out of an eggcrate would be my last resort.
Have you ordered from him before.. doesnt seem very reliable cuz i have no idea who this guys is.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
i would go to a glass expert. make them cut it in the size u need and with some holes.
im whaiting for one at the moment ( secret experiment ) think it will look real good.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Haven't ordered from him, but know some people personally who have dealt with him. He's on the up and up.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I normally make mine out of polarised/tinted/mirrored or clouded plasticard perspex plastic. Works a treat and is very easy to use/work with (cutting down to size and making holes). Give it a go if your a DIY man...

·
5,336 Posts
i have made 3 outa 1/8" lexan, or plexi glass... the petsmart ones deteriorate eventually and any fish will swim right through... have it cut to size at a plastic place and drill some holes... easy as that....i even sanded mine so the fish cant see str8 through.... cost 10$ for all 3 of mine and heres a pic you can kinda see before i sanded it...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Mojo is the real deal. Quality guy with great fish, he's the kind of guy that would drive 100's of miles to return money that he owes to you. Deal with him with confidence.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
just make sure there is adequate fitration on both sides of the divider

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what i still dont understand is if i make one from plexi, hows it gonna stay up... yeh i looked at teh one from petco n petsmart, its not sturdy at all and its lik mesh..

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Here is mine

I bury the bottom in gravel, and stack large rocks up against it on both sides. At the top I use suction cups on the glass on both sides. Mine is cut from plexi glass found in the garbage. It fits a 29 or a 55. If I were to build a new one, I'd buy a sheet of eggcrate at Lowe's and cut to fit.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
got mine yesterday. to tall and at a price of 100usd

looks sweet though

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Corey- that must be gold plated? $100? Gotta see a pic, must be gold plated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts