Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a 180g-350g acrylic aquarium myself, but I am unsure about who/where to get one from. Cost would be the foremost factor, so the cheaper the better.

The classified ads in my city don't have anything in the realm of 125+ aquariums, so I'm going to have to buy a totally new one.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i got a my 150 from TheFishCatcher. he could also get 180g tanks and up to 240 i think.

i am unsure if he can get acrylic, but he has excellent prices

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Best place to get in our part is to go to Craigslist.net or PennySaversUSA.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be interested myself. I'm looking into a 125, but around here they run $275-300US. I have heard that you can get acrylic tanks for around $1/gal. If that's true, then I'll sell my couch and get a 180gal. I want the best for my critters, which means bigger is better.

I know someone who has a 200 gal acrylic and it's awesome. He got it used and doesn't know where to get one new.

Hopefully someone who knows will read these posts.

Thanks Folks!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
piranha45 said:
piranhabar said:
I have heard that you can get acrylic tanks for around $1/gal. If that's true....
You and I both wish

doubt ill ever see that happen though
they use to have a sale at petco (i think) for $1 / 1Gallon. atleast that is what i beleive readinf on this forum

·
Registered
711 Posts
the best thing to do IMO is finding LFS or breeders that are moving/upgrading/going out of business. i got my 125 for $120 from a breeder that was moving. he said he would have gone down to $100 if i bought 3 or more. the gf would not allow it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts