Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what size do regular rbs lose their red color and turn black.. and does this always happen?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Coloration usually goes during their matured stages. They also turn black during that time, when asleep and non active, or when mating starts.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My 10" red still has plenty of color. But I've seen plenty of other reds loose there color by 6-8" I just got lucky.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
MPower said:
My 10" red still has plenty of color. But I've seen plenty of other reds loose there color by 6-8" I just got lucky.
what is the main diet you feed that 10'' ? MPower

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
thomisdead said:
Also, depends on the individual.
Heres a pic of some of my previous RBs 8-10".. See how most have lost their red coloring, have differ colors, or just black??

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
NIKE said:
MPower said:
I feed him Tetra Jumbo shrimp (krill). And mix in catfish, beefheart and chickenheart. I've tried other brands of krill but it doesn't bring out the color aswell. The only thing that sucks is that they are expensive and doesn't last long.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
MPower said:
NIKE said:
MPower said:
I feed him Tetra Jumbo shrimp (krill). And mix in catfish, beefheart and chickenheart. I've tried other brands of krill but it doesn't bring out the color aswell. The only thing that sucks is that they are expensive and doesn't last long.
thanks for the info dude

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
two of my tank bred reds have lost most of their colour and are only 6 1/2'' i did have 2 8'' reds which still had colour it does depend on the fish

dixon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts