Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know when the nitrites reach 0, can I take out all the water from the tank. I need to know because I have to move the tank upstairs. Would the filter bacteria die or something :S

thanks

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Since most of the nitrifying bacteria is in your filter and media you can do a 100% water change. You can also change out 100% of your substrate. Just keep your filter from drying out and make sure your move is done that same day and you should not have any problems. Also don't forget the conditioner with the water change to neutralize the chlorine and/or chloramines if your water is municipal water. Confirm everything is ok with a master test kit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this would work:

empty tank 100%
bring stuff upstairs
fill back

nothing would happen to the filter?

how to keep filter from drying out

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
this would work:

empty tank 100%
bring stuff upstairs
fill back

Place the media in a bucket of tank water. Like I said also, don't forget the conditioner. Chlorine and chloramines kill bacteria.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this would work:

empty tank 100%
bring stuff upstairs
fill back

Place the media in a bucket of tank water. Like I said also, don't forget the conditioner. Chlorine and chloramines kill bacteria.
[/quote]

media is the blue spongy thing that has a piece of plactic attached to it with black stuff inside of plastic right?

what about the biowheels?

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
this would work:

empty tank 100%
bring stuff upstairs
fill back

[/quote]

media is the blue spongy thing that has a piece of plactic attached to it with black stuff inside of plastic right?

what about the biowheels? [/quote]

The cartridges and most importantly the bio wheel and any sponges if you have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts