Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys add new rocks and plants to your tanks, do you usually take out your p's? or do you plant them while the p's are still in?

Are there any other benefits from re-introducing your p's to a change tank besides when adding newer fish, or when other p's are picking on an individual p?

Thanks.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Nope...!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
When I have to do some redecorations, I let the piranha's be, and they let me be (as in fleeing to the other side of the tank)

·
Registered
873 Posts
moving the piranhas around can be very stressfull on the fish. my cariba have finally gotten their appetite back after my move 1 month ago. they were eating before, but I would usually have to take out whatever they diddnt eat . . . now they come right up to the top of the tank as soon as they see me comming with a paper towel. leave them be as much as possible, and you will have much happier and healthier piranhas.

~Will.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i don't bother ..once i put my hand into the tank they scatter to a corner and they let me deco the tank out with no problems

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i try to never remove my p's from my tank.
as advised above they always tend to move out the way when i'm doing anything in there
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I do decors while they're in the tank.. but with a close watchfull eye!!!
They usually chill at the other side of my tank while Im cleaning or adding decors. Caribas are sometimes the ones to look out after since they get brave at times.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
the guy before me got bitten by my reds thety attack anything that hits the water
so i bought some gloves from a medical store that are rubber and will not tear or get punctured

·
Registered
834 Posts
Your fish probably will be scared and swim away, if you really worried about getting bit just put a divider of some sort in the tank, then you really won't have to worry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts