Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i am interested in a more agressive piranha, i had redbellies twice and this time i want somethign else. i am thinking about gold spilos but am not sure what their attitudes are like.

what is the most agressive piranha and their attitude?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
really can't say cause all fish are diffrent.even the most meanest act like wimps .but from what i heard an elongantus is very mean fish..

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Cariba's and terns are pretty nasty in some cases. But it is mainly on the fish's own attitude.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
EmJay.. Ive noticed that you go through so may set-ups and fishes than all of the board combined. Isnt it just a week ago you were asking about salt-water? Before that RBs, then Rhoms, then snakeheads, then sharks, then giant squids..etc Its ok though, you are what we consider a hobbyist and true hobbyists just dont stick to one kind.
Good Luck, man!!! :smile:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i get bored easily, but the salt water tank wasn't for me, but my ex girlfriedm its just easier to talk like "i just go a new saltwater tank" YA KNOW?
anyweays yeah i go throught lots, i want to find a mean fish basiclt so i throw together a variety and the strong survives

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Spilos!!!

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,250 Posts
Cariba, no doubt about it!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
No, Spilos!!! HaHaHa...

They are so aggressive that they kick the sh*t out of each other. They are pretty nice though. I have only had the pleasure of reds and these spilos, so caribe could very much well be great, i dunno. I do know that the difference between my old reds and my spilos now is infinate. They truely do swim like community fish in the tank. Espeacially when I am in front. I wish that some of you guys lived closer to LA. Im sure that once you see them, you would aggree.

Everyone has thier own faverite P. Usually its the type they currently own.

~Dj

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm very happy with my 7 caribe. This is the biggest pygo shoal i've had though. Only ever kept reds (two), and now own a rhom. They don't compare. I'd like to see (own), a spilo shoal.
Ta.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
BDKing57 said:
The best combinations of looks and aggression is a geryi tank... but it takes a big tank.
Isnt clay putting together a geryi tank with a 200? I would have thought he would need more then that. I think he has 12 in there. Pretty ballsy. But yeah, that could very well be the most aggressive. See the trend:

Increasing aggression----->
Pygos (reds, caribe, yellows, pirays <-- not necisarrily in that order), then the serras (spilos and geryi)

THAT is why I prefer serras.

~Dj

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im thinkgin about getting a shoal of piraya, what do you think? or gold spilos?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Spilos can sometime kill each other off, or the basic fin nipps, the Piraya would be a good alternative, but your gonna have to have $$$ to get a good shoal going.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts