Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how fast should I expect my Juvenile piranha to grow ? They are all about 2 inches right now . I would like to know how fast they are going to grow per month. I have decided to keep 5 red belly Piranha in a 55 for life because 8 seems to much and would be expensive. Do you think 5 is an okay number and would 6 be a better number for a shoal ? ( remember the growth question ) .

·
Registered
531 Posts
i think 6 can be possible and 8 p's too :)they grow very fast, 3/4 cm per month at he beginning

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
RBP can grow rather quick, according to one profile study I am reviewing within 8 months piranha fry reached 5 inches :smile:
Very true.. some even less than 8 months to reach 5". All depending on feeding routine, varieties and excercise. They can all benefit the rate growth of your P

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
These things determine growth rate, all equally important.

Temperature 76-82 deg

Routine water changes once a week of %25

Feeding a good variety

aeration

Adequate tank space limiting stress

Proper water chemistry

And you will get max growth rate results varying to up to an inch per month with some slow downs along the way. Normal.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
These guys are right. My rbs are growing very fast. I would suggest an upgrade on the size of your tank pretty soon. Unless you like the overcrowded look.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
jasert39 said:
people are going to tell you that 5 ps in a 55 are too many. I wouldnt get any more.
I would argue that 4 is too many for a 55. Thats only the advise that I give though, as many people do keep many P's in a 55. I, personally, just do think that a 55 will be able to house the 5 p's for life.

~Dj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts