Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally hate it when people prefer to say happy holidays instead of the correct way of Merry Christmas.
If someone is against Christmas why do they still participate in the traditions of christmas?I was going into target and the door greeter said " happy Holidays". I said you mean merry christmas and he said I cant say that I could get fired!!! What the f*ck is that sh*t about..Anyways I was wondering what everyone else thought about the subject

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but its the biggest holiday of the year.. everyone knows what this time of year is... It makes no sense.. maybe its a advertising ploy to get more people bought into the buying giftd for the holidays... Why not acknowledge what the purpose of the holidays is... its like I call someone george when his name is mike...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm puzzled that the expression bothers you so much and yet you think it's not offensive to nickname yourself after someone who oversaw the murder and torture of 6 million innocent men, women, children, and babies.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My name is for laughs.. does it bother you my name is hitler?...
Yes. You're probably a good guy and all, but the name is in bad taste. You're probably a young guy and the holocaust is just book history to you, but it was it was very real and very very tragic.

Here is a pic at one camp during that time. Those are piles of shoes.
Black-and-white Sky Adaptation Tints and shades Road

Attachments

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
My name is for laughs.. does it bother you my name is hitler?...
Yes. You're probably a good guy and all, but the name is in bad taste. You're probably a young guy and the holocaust is just book history to you, but it was it was very real and very very tragic.

Here is a pic at one camp during that time. Those are piles of shoes.
View attachment 130103
[/quote]
The holocaust is history to you as well unless your 80 years old. It was tragic but I guess he can have his name whatever he wants.

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Oh No!!! NOT SHOES!!! I kid...yeah...the Hitler name is a bit over the top. I mean, you could have made it anything, but you chose Hitler...

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
I'm puzzled that the expression bothers you so much and yet you think it's not offensive to nickname yourself after someone who oversaw the murder and torture of 6 million innocent men, women, children, and babies.
exelent point

ive been thinking of adressing hitler with my opinions of his nick. but have decided not to cause that whay he gets attention and thats ofc what he wants.

i cant laugh at the holocaust. just cant.

anywhays i think the happy hollidays VS merry christmas is sadly a very american thing. and its directly caused by the fact that you have 3 lawyers per 1 american inhabitans.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
f*ck desk jockeys, all this bullshit is thought up by white liberals who decide they know exactly how every minority feels about anything, and then make the decision for them, and go on a PC crusade until they get their way.

Well f*ck them, I'll say whatever I want and not give a sh*t who it offends.

I think I just had a HEMI moment...

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
f*ck desk jockeys, all this bullshit is thought up by white liberals who decide they know exactly how every minority feels about anything, and then make the decision for them, and go on a PC crusade until they get their way.
Ding ding ding - you're the winner.
"oh, if we say merry christmas and the person is a jew they might feel offended and sue us! we can't be so insensitive like that!"

Where's dannyboy? He usually takes the other side of topics like this....

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its just a name... its not like im typing out anti-jew remarks or any other rasict thing... Ever since i was a young teenager I have always joked around with that name... Why am i getting critized for a name.. I didnt know a name had such power anymore... Well if you guys cant see past the name then oh well... There are people on this site that think theirs nothing wrong with my name... the past is the past and that should be it... why make a big deal about it now.. what good is it going to do.. its like bringing up slavery and getting mad... why?.. I wasnt there and most people alive now wasnt there for the holocast.. so my name is hitler on here, big fuckin deal...

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
its just a name... its not like im typing out anti-jew remarks or any other rasict thing... Ever since i was a young teenager I have always joked around with that name... Why am i getting critized for a name.. I didnt know a name had such power anymore... Well if you guys cant see past the name then oh well... There are people on this site that think theirs nothing wrong with my name... the past is the past and that should be it... why make a big deal about it now.. what good is it going to do.. its like bringing up slavery and getting mad... why?.. I wasnt there and most people alive now wasnt there for the holocast.. so my name is hitler on here, big fuckin deal...
its not a big deal. and im not saying you should change it either. i just dont se why you would choose just that name.

the past is the past. yes. but we have alot to learn from our history, mainly to prevent it from happening again.

the fact that we were not there is a good reason to learn about it. not make it a joke or something innocent.

but i cant blaim you or anyone else for that matter. the world never learns from its past. so we are bound to repeat it.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Hmm... happy holidays?

Christmas and New Year's are both holidays, right? Saying Merry Christmas doesn't acknowledge New Year's, I don't think, right? And in Canada we even have Dec. 26th, Boxing Day, as a holiday. Yet one more holiday! And holiday in the plural form is... oh, wow, holidays! And would I be an evil person if I wanted to wish people happy ones? Just like people want others to have a MERRY Christmas, others may want them to have HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Go figure.

On a side note... A lot of North Americans don't celebrate the birth of Jesus anymore. They celebrate the rampant consumerism brought about by images of a fat man in a red outfit, snowmen that come to life, reindeer with glowing noses, etc. It's not about god or the birth of his son (or the fact that the holiday was arbitrarily placed in December in order to eclipse the pagan celebration of the winter solstice)... it's come to be about other things.

I don't see why people spend so much effort making such a big deal out of this. Honestly, with so much else going on in the world, with so many other things to be upset over... you're dredging up a hot button issue from a year ago that really wasn't worth its time in the first place?

Yeah, okay there...

...happy holidays!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I'll be honest. As one who's had a few relatives killed and tortured in the Holocaust, I don't think the name represents very well. However, it's a free country so you should be able to do as you like. Your avatars have been awesome BTW - I will say that. I suppose it would be like having Bin Laden or the Khmer Rouge as one's user name. As far as the topic, I agree with you. I always say Merry Christmas at Target and Sometimes I say Happy Chanukah in the stores to people I know are Christians, and they're usually down with that anyway. I agree, way too much PC - it's going to kill us all.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.